Bloodborne is never going to be officially ported it's a pipe dream at this point.

They even had a fully playable basic port at one time.

Sony games I don't really care about playing and probably never will. :leer:

Now it they ever release Days Gone 2 I'll be happy.

Meh my tastes in games is narrow. I like what I like and it's never the latest fad. Like right now Helldivers and Palworld are the largest hits, and I never cared enough to play them.

I never wanted to play any God of War, Call of Duty, Halo, and so on either.

Now I enjoyed Days Gone but both Sony and it's developer ruined any chance of that.

I enjoy a wide variety of games and genres, but there aren't many console exclusives I'm interested in enough to care about ports. Horizon Forbidden West was the big one for me, but we have that now.

Other than Bloodborne and The Last of Us Part 2, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I really want to see ported to PC.

I also want the Demon's Souls remake. That at least has been featured on the nvidia leak that all of these console exclusives were years ago leaked. And the list still checks off.

Spiderman 2 is also likely gonna be ported over. Apparently there's been a hack of that game, and the community has assembled some version of it for pc. I'm waiting for the official version. I always enjoyed swinging around. Best part about it. Best part about 2? They added a wingsuit. :D

And speaking about PS exclusives, I also loved Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart. That was so much lighthearted fun. Loved the characters.

It's probably just a typo like JP instead of JO, so I wouldn't go as far as calling that such a level of dysfunction.

I'm surprised by the countries on that list, though. I can understand they don't have any legal support in countries like Afghanistan, but countries like Isle of Man or French Polynesia leave me nonplussed.

It's probably just a typo like JP instead of JO ...
What? I'm not sure I understand.

Regardless, it's absolutely dysfunctional. They literally sold their previous game (Helldivers 2), for months, in countries they knew they didn't have PSN support.
And they knew they would eventually try to force PSN linking. I don't know what you call that if not dysfunctional.

What? I'm not sure I understand.

Regardless, it's absolutely dysfunctional. They literally sold their previous game (Helldivers 2), for months, in countries they knew they didn't have PSN support.
And they knew they would eventually try to force PSN linking. I don't know what you call that if not dysfunctional.
What I posted yesterday: you can see the list of countries by their abberviations. JO must be Jordan, and JP stands for Japan.

I agree the Helldiver thing was bad if nothing was clearly indicated in the EULA when the game was released. I call it disrespect for the customers and bad management, indeed. But a trivial mistake is something different, so I won't start showing that as proof it's dysfunctional. For all we know, it could be a mistake on Valve's end.

Redglyph said:
What I posted yesterday: you can see the list of countries by their abberviations. JO must be Jordan, and JP stands for Japan.
Oh, thanks.
For all we know, it could be a mistake on Valve's end.
From what I know developers/publishers pretty much have full control over their own developer/publisher pages and internals, for the games they sell on Steam. Valve built the platform over time to allow most of it to be self-servicing; all but the most exceptional cases probably. There's really no other way Valve could handle that huge amount of customer support, by needing to manually intervene in most cases.

And the countries that a developer sells their product in is most definitely under the control of the developer/publisher managing the Steam account. I cannot believe that they'd need Valve to make those sorts of changes.

Anyway, damage has been done. And it doesn't look like it's stopping. Fucking Sony. One step forward, two steps back.
I hope this whole debacle doesn't also have a chilling effect on them putting a lot of work into selling future PS games on Steam. You'd think they think of the money foremost, but apparently not? Or are they really making that much money from just artificially inflating their PSN numbers that they really need to push this?

Anyway, damage has been done. And it doesn't look like it's stopping. Fucking Sony. One step forward, two steps back.
I won't contradict you there. :D

I hope this whole debacle doesn't also have a chilling effect on them putting a lot of work into selling future PS games on Steam. You'd think they think of the money foremost, but apparently not? Or are they really making that much money from just artificially inflating their PSN numbers that they really need to push this?
I have no idea. Don't you think their story is true, that they just want to be in control of who's on the servers and ban them if it's necessary?

Who knows anyway, Japanese think differently than we do.

I have no idea. Don't you think their story is true, that they just want to be in control of who's on the servers and ban them if it's necessary?

Who knows anyway, Japanese think differently than we do.
For the multiplayer games or parts, sure. I can believe that.
But for games that are purely singleplayer or the parts that you don't even need to be online (that's effectively most of the PS games out there; I've had a PS3, PS4 and PS5, and only with PS5 did I even connect the console to the internet and a PSN account. Until then I simply played the games in the state they were on disc, without even connecting to the internet. Even the firmware updates for the console I got off of the physical game discs).
So for those I'm really not buying it, since they're already selling games without needing to connect to the internet or their PS network.

For the multiplayer games or parts, sure. I can believe that.
But for games that are purely singleplayer or the parts that you don't even need to be online (that's effectively most of the PS games out there; I've had a PS3, PS4 and PS5, and only with PS5 did I even connect the console to the internet and a PSN account. Until then I simply played the games in the state they were on disc, without even connecting to the internet. Even the firmware updates for the console I got off of the physical game discs)
I thought you didn't need a PSN account for the single-player part?

I thought you didn't need a PSN account for the single-player part?
It's very confusing. The developers of Ghost of Tsushima said you don't need an account for the singleplayer part.
But then Sony went on to ban selling the game entirely (even the parts that theoretically shouldn't need PSN) in countries that they don't support PSN for. So effectively, best case scenario, you still can't buy it in non-PSN countries, but the singleplayer parts don't require a PSN account.
The effect of which is sort of the same as saying the game requires a PSN account, even though you're not forced to make one. But you need to at least theoretically be able to create one. Silly isn't it?

But in those same countries where they don't support PSN you can still buy a PS console and play singleplayer games/content.

Last edited:
It's very confusing. The developers of Ghost of Tsushima said you don't need an account for the singleplayer part.
But then Sony went on to ban selling the game entirely (even the parts that theoretically shouldn't need PSN) in countries that they don't support PSN for. So effectively, best case scenario, you still can't buy it in non-PSN countries, but the singleplayer parts don't require a PSN account.
The effect of which is sort of the same.

But in those same countries where they don't support PSN you can still buy a PS console and play singleplayer games/content.
I suppose they don't want to bother making an SP-only version of the game, which is understandable enough because they'd need to adjust the price and would still be yelled at because players can't multiplay.

EDIT: It would also make the distribution a nightmare with 2 versions depending on the country.

At least, there's the console option. I guess players in those countries can't connect at all because Sony can control that on their servers. Hm. But they can't when it's from a PC. Maybe Sony can't control PCs as easily because players can always use a VPN to pretend they're from somewhere else? I suppose it's still possible to use a VPN for a console but it's becoming unlikely enough not to bother. Or maybe Sony just can't stop those countries from buying consoles.