Age of Decadence Updates

Resch

Who?
I notice AoD news slip by RPGWatch unnoticed lately, so here are the latest two bits:

Choices & Consequences - a thread describing different approaches to an example quest as well as different outcomes. Quite a few screenshots, too.

Portraits - another reason to delay, but is seems totally worth it. I mean:

antidas2.jpg

linos2b.jpg

Two more in the link above.

I'll try to remember and update the thread whenever there's something new. Also, in case you use Twitter, I'm running one for them.

Well it seems your news items slipped past me then, sorry. Anyway, VD adds new portraits as they are created. He posted two new ones since I had made the thread.

I'd rather over-state ... I had missed those as well. Thanks for the update!

you know? I wish RPGs had evolved in a different way. Turn based like Wizardry 7/8, with updated graphics (see portraits above), but true to the form, instead of the typical first person view hack&slash "I'm the chosen one and I can take over the world without companions with my trusty sword" the we have today (Gothics, Witcher, TES, Fallout 3, etc). But I guess that's just me.

you know? I wish RPGs had evolved in a different way. Turn based like Wizardry 7/8, with updated graphics (see portraits above), but true to the form, instead of the typical first person view hack&slash "I'm the chosen one and I can take over the world without companions with my trusty sword" the we have today (Gothics, Witcher, TES, Fallout 3, etc). But I guess that's just me.

I love the Gothic vein, and like many of the action-RPG's ... and also the current trend to make some strategy-RPG's ... but could use more of what you're describing.

Cool - I hope it is released sooner than later ... but *NOT* Sept / Oct this year ...

Just a wild guess, but... because of the raft of other highly-anticipated games due out around then? You know, Dragonage, Alpha Protocol, Risen...

Just a wild guess, but... because of the raft of other highly-anticipated games due out around then? You know, Dragonage, Alpha Protocol, Risen...

Exactly - why is it everything is hitting at the same time again this year ... it seems like cRPG publishers should be a bit SMARTER than this ...

Exactly - why is it everything is hitting at the same time again this year ... it seems like cRPG publishers should be a bit SMARTER than this ...

From our database here at RPGWatch:
- Disciples III - Renaissance PC Unknown 2009-09-30
Looking very forward to this one.

- King's Bounty: Armored Princess PC Unknown 2009-09-30
Looking very forward to this one.

- Torchlight PC World 2009-10-01
Say again? what's this?

- Risen PC World 2009-10-02
Not interested but many here are looking forward to this.

- Alpha Protocol PC World 2009-10-06
Not interested but many here are looking forward to this.

- Dragon Age: Origins PC Unknown 2009-10-20
Very interested in this too.

So there, in a period of 3 weeks there will be 3 titles I'm very interested in (2 in the same day), and in the 4 months before that, I've been replaying old games to keep me entertained. That sucks.

Well they say that holiday shopping season gets earlier and earlier every year. Maybe they're trying to start a new holiday shopping frenzy for Christmasween.

Cool - I hope it is released sooner than later ... but *NOT* Sept / Oct this year ...

Beginning of Sept would be fricking fantastic for me, my girlfriend is away without me for all of september and everything else I want to play comes out end september onwards :(

Curses.

Beginning of Sept would be fricking fantastic for me, my girlfriend is away without me for all of september and everything else I want to play comes out end september onwards :(

Curses.

Maybe it's good idea to check some older cRPGs you never played?

This game has really flown under the radar for me. The first I heard about it was this thread, which I just noticed a few days ago. Imo it's kind of weird that they're making a turn-based RPG with the Torque Game Engine, but it looks pretty good so far.

Back
Top Bottom