Divinity 2 - v1.03 Patch for NA

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A v1.03 patch has finally been released for Divinity II. Unfortunately, there's no updated details that I can see at the official site, so we'll have to presume for now that this is for all English versions as promised (Edit: looks like NA retail only). Full notes don't seem to be available but here's the short list provided a month ago:
-New targetting system
-No more getting stuck on dynamic objects
-More hints on the map
-Weapons now hit multiple enemies if they are standing within the arc the weapon makes
-No more delays between skills and attacks i.e. the avatar reacts much faster in combat
-A bunch of fixes and other improvements
...and thanks to Blue's for this list of mirrors: AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and WorthPlaying.
Edit: Nope, doesn't seem to work on my Australian version. The file is labeled "US" but we'll try to get more details.
More information.

Very disappointing they can get a release-day patch out for NA but those of with 6-week old games are still waiting. It would also be nice to be clear there are (presumably) two patches, after implying the NA one was up to date, which lead me to assume this patch must be for the rest of us.

I agree - but as noted, the NA release is actually an older version, as it trickled into stores last week (noted by JDR) and I just happened to stumble across it yesterday. I'll try this on my install ... which is nice since I didn't start playing yet!

Larian are working to release a super patch that will bring 'all' versions up to date and on par with US version - It needs to be tested against all the different languages and both platforms. This patch has been ready for some time but it must be tested and verified.

Re:- Larian forums
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=394638&fpart=1

Yes, I realise - I have posted this as news previously. Quote from Lar a month ago:

I just wanted to give you the update on the next patch. The US release contains a number of fixes and improvements, based upon your feedback, and the new patch has been derived from that. It's currently in QA but as the game is pretty big and they need to test it against all the different language versions and both platforms, it might still take a bit of time before it's released, but we're trying to get it done as soon as possible.

That the US version "contains a number of fixes and improvements" suggests the US version is up to date and doesn't need patching, hence I assumed this was the patch.

Lar's post was also a month ago and it was already in QA before that; this is simply too long considering there are critical bugs that make the game unplayable for some people. Perhaps they could have released a hotfix, perhaps they could have made a beta patch available for public testing, perhaps they could release the PC version while Microsoft finishes the X360 certification - or whatever.

I'm not suggesting this is Larian's fault - although they are responsible for the actual product and the decision to fragment the different versions by applying piecemeal fixes as they went along, making all the releases different. Whether dtp, Larian, cdv or whoever, I've had this UK version for 6 weeks without a single patch and it doesn't work. That's just too long, in my opinion.

That the US version "contains a number of fixes and improvements" suggests the US version is up to date and doesn't need patching, hence I assumed this was the patch.

A bit confused now….

So this patch is or isn't for the NA version?

A bit confused now….

This *is* for NA ... but the assumption that NA was 'up to date' were not quite true. ;)

I bought it from Impulse today and my version is 1.315 and was updated today.

A bit confused now….

For NA only as far as I can tell. There's nothing at Larian yet, nor cdv and the only notes I've seen are copied from Lars one-month-old super-patch thread -- but the file is clearly labeled "US" and it doesn't work with other versions.

This just made my day, looking in their forum for patch info I stumbled on this:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=397229#Post397229

Some of the gold coins:

I read all the posts in the link you posted and the people who posted there are entitled to their opinion and i am entitled to mine. So…. in my opinion this game is catered to to casual players
who will only play for maybe an hour a day witch is not a bad thing. But for more hardcore players this game is a bust. Becasue you can not keep grinding untill you reach max level this game HAS A FORCED END. once you've killed every thing thats it… This game cannot be called a RPG. A real RPG lets you keep playing untill you want to stop this one forces you. I wont my money back…

And he go on:

Your all misinterpreting what im saying….. well no surprise there. When i say a real rpg has no end what im trying to say is that you can literly for as long as you want kill mobs of bad guys. thats what i mean when i say a real RPG has no end. I know what an MMO is. This game can not be called a RPG becasue there HAS TO BE A END. this game forces a end when you run out of eneimes to kill that is why it can not be called a RPG. I Have played maybe 40-50 RPG games in my life and not in any has there ever been no respwans.

That is why this game is not an RPG.

Oh my!

Always love frothy 'this is not an RPG' arguments ...

That guy must only know jrpgs, Bethesda, and Diablo style games then since most other rpgs have a limited number of monsters to kill.

The main flaw of that guy's argument is that he assumes everyone defines RPG the same way. In his case, THE definition of RPG is that they have no end. I don't agree with that at all.

Yes, he doesn't consider the fact that a *storyline* and associated quest lines (flexible to a point) can actually be the concept line - this means where gamers "think" a game is freeplay and open ended and can do anything (as in hack and slash to the max in ignorance of the concept line) then they have themselves to blame. The gamer is flawed not the game.

I fore one, dit not know that RPG stand fore RePeat Grinding? :D

Frankly, all my favourite RPG’s don’t got respawn, like Baldurs Gate, or to take a newer one, Dragon Age (random encounter is not the same as respawn).

I assume that he actually liked the rather fast-paced fightings often to be found in Div1 and in BD ... And not that much in Div2.

But - yes, he very much confirms with his attitude my own thoughts I had posted a few minutes ago here :
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1060991267&postcount=30

This is nothing but the influence of the almighty Action-RPG sub-genre over the whole RPG genre as suich : Some begin to believe that a "true RPG" shall be like an Action-RPG ...

Sad times, these are ...

Info about the 360 Save bug, if anyone gives a poot. Larian rep's response on the official forums:

"We definitely weren't aware of this bug & haven't been able to reproduce it yet. There are several engineers looking into what could cause the problem right now, and I hope we'll be able to give you some feedback soon. "

"Something definitely went wrong - we're still trying to figure out what as we haven't found the cause yet, but it's unfortunately easy to see how it slipped through: . I imagine that nobody at QA caught it (nb over 4 different companies) because they rarely overwrite their savegames and always work in a circular fashion (svg1,svg2…svg20,svg1 etc…) to be able to backtrack. Since it isn't always a problem, loading a previous savegame won't necessarily have flagged the bug, and that way it would've passed through. No excuse of course and there's been a lot of cursing going on over here \:\( "
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthre…398518&fpart=2

That's why I sometimes write that Q&A testing companies work "too prefessional".

Info about the 360 Save bug, if anyone gives a poot. Larian rep's response on the official forums:
Actually I have enough console friends on other forums that I really appreciate the console folks here who tell me this stuff!

Back
Top Bottom