Dark Souls on PC petition

Ball_Breaker

Sentinel
Thanks for sharing. Signed it.
Definitely one of the very few console games I eagerly like to see on PC. This and Demon's Souls both remind me of Blade of Darkness, one of my most favorite action games.

No problem Frozen, you're welcome ;).
Severance was definitely pure fun at the time, too bad that now I can't stand it because of the graphics…
Anyway, I still think that Demon's/Dark Souls have brought Severance combat many steps further: imho, it's the best real time combat system ever made (not to mention the lore, the equipment and the storytelling…).

I'm the very same user ("Tuco" in that Namco bandai thread) who accidentally started this mayhem and I must say I'm growing quite proud of it.
Ah!

Signed it, that game rocked. Doubt it will ever make it to the pc, most pc rpg's seem to be watered down and easy, mores the pity. But I'm hopeful, I'd play it again if it makes it to the pc!

-Carn

Signed the petition even though I already own it on PS3. I would possibly buy it again if the PC port ever happened.

Since there is already an Xbox 360 version I imagine a PC port would be straightforward. I think it would sell extremely well considering how much people are talking about this game.

Signed.

Not going to hold my breath though. I've been playing RPGs developed by From Software since the original Playstation. They have yet to port a single title to the PC.

Although I have no hope for the PC version, I have signed anyway. I have both Xbox360 and PS3 but I spend most of my gaming time in front of my gaming PC. I don't know why but I can't feel that atmosphere in X360 and PS3 that I have in PC. So if they make Dark Souls to PC, I will definitely play it to the end.

By the way, there was a similar petition for Dragon's Dogma (Capcom's Action RPG for consoles) PC version. Since there's no news of DD's PC version, it seems publishers/developers don't care about petitions.

I haven't played very far into the game on the 360, but what I have seen hasn't been much of an RPG game...I think I only have seen two npc's. It feels like a very good action game though.

It's an action-RPG. Npcs don't determine whether or not something qualifies as an RPG. I'm guessing some people would feel more secure if it said Bethesda on the box.

I signed. This is one of those games that I've had to force myself to NOT buy. Everything I read makes me want to want to like it. But I hate games that overly punish you. I'm pretty sure it'll be a love/hate thing.

I do not know the controls but IF the controls are do-able with m/kb, I'd pay $30 for it. $15 if I have to buy the friggin console version just cause I know I will break at least one controller in anger.

I signed it and have tried to spread the word about the petition through various channels. I guess the only reason this petition exists is that an unfortunate Namco Bandai's employee gave vague promises he was most likely not authorized to give in the first place, but a PC port is not absolutely inconceivable given proper funding. If nothing else, there has always been a significant domestic PC scene in Japan (just look at venerable studios like Nihon Falcom and their Ys series).

Not going to hold my breath though. I've been playing RPGs developed by From Software since the original Playstation. They have yet to port a single title to the PC.

There's Sword of Moonlight, a PC exclusive. :)

Tartarus. Grinding the bleep out off Arqa 17-24.
There's Sword of Moonlight, a PC exclusive. :)

Yeah, but that's really just a creation tool, not a game. It was also never released outside of Japan and is only available in English because of a fan-made patch.

I'd love to see them release a compilation of the King's field games with updated graphics. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

It comes with a remake of the first King's Field, so it does count as a port. An updated one at that, given it is much prettier. :p

I don't know whether or not the translation patch translates the module along the creation tools, though.

Anyway, an updated re-release of the King's Field games would be very good indeed. Those are some of the best action role playing games ever released.

Tartarus. Grinding the bleep out off Arqa 17-24.
Vague developer promises lead to Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Of course the company went belly up and like one developer made the port but nevermind that! It could happen.

It's an action-RPG. Npcs don't determine whether or not something qualifies as an RPG. I'm guessing some people would feel more secure if it said Bethesda on the box.

This is new, you usually use your stupid bioware comment. I was stating what I did because there hasn't been much of a choices and consequences in the game other then character development. Maybe I just have to play longer, I never even said I didn't like it. Stop being so insecure.

Anyway, an updated re-release of the King's Field games would be very good indeed. Those are some of the best action role playing games ever released.

Indeed, she who hugs Prinnies, indeed. And a remake of Shadow Tower to go along with that, please. :p

Back
Top Bottom