Terra Nova - Cancelled

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
Fox Cancels 'Terra Nova'

Curious if any of our non-US posters watched this show. I really liked it, though it had a lot of faults. The article indicates that it was fairly successful outside of the US, so there may still be hope for it.

Unfortunate. Like you said, it had some problems but it was a decent show with a fair bit of potential.

I was enjoying it....too bad it didn't grab more viewers so we could see how the factions played out with the next arrival of settlers...(yes I know who was suppose to be coming next.) ;)

I rarely like these survival-type made-for-television shows. If the existence of your family and species is on the line, I really don't care about who's dating* whom!

*(cycle through other irrelevant drama mechanisms as season progresses)

Apart from the budget I thought it was very mediocre as series. The parenting/relationship angle is okay because then I can watch it together with my gf.

Whats with lucas and bad father-son relationships? This had one too except opposite to star wars.

Decent tv-series, but I agree that like in many modern scifi series there was just too much focus on silly relationship stuff instead of what the genre is about. And get rid of the family friendliness for once.

Last edited:
This show should have been about dinos and surviving. It was about family whining.
Wasted potencial, deserved cancel.

Last edited:
Fox Cancels 'Terra Nova'

Curious if any of our non-US posters watched this show.

I the Larian forums there is one of the long-time members who is a hibby critic - he regularly reports about everything regarding Hollywood, cinema and U.S.-based TV series.

So I'm always uup to date ;) , even if I don't like the movies he's talking about.

In fact it occurred to me that he almost every time doesn't watch the cinema movies I watch and vice versa.

He liked this series, as far as I have understood him.

His "Avatar" is Commander Ralf from Divinity 1 (Larian Studios regularly names in-game characters after forum member names, like the infamous Buad, who is in fact a "Giant Dwarf" (a Dwarf who has grown a bit too much due to one of his infamous alchemistical experiements, of which the infamous "Tea" is the worst) in the forums).

His Blog is this one : http://der-kinogaenger.blogspot.com/

When I read the topic's title I thought, 'What, they wanted to remake the game Terra Nova and now they cancelled it? How rude.' Only later I recognized that this is about the TV series. Hm, well, I happened to watch the trailer and didn't like it all that much ... it reminded me of that Spielberg series with aliens that was about as, erm, interesting. I think it's the FX and group dynamics which makes most of these newer series so indistinguishable: always the same sort of explosions and stuff, and the same sort of people doing the same sort of thing. I may be nostalgic, but at least in my memories, TV was different in the good old days :p.

Well it WAS an alternate timeline.

Lions coexist with zebra just fine ~ There just needs to be be a lot of zebra :)

..which gives me an idea: I want a show where people with no practical know-how (such as models, lawyers, & Kardashians) get dumped in the African Savannah.

Unfortunate. Like you said, it had some problems but it was a decent show with a fair bit of potential.

The #1 problem ... was that no one was watching. Including me ... we made it through half an episode (last half) - it was solid, but not enough to bring us back.

..which gives me an idea: I want a show where people with no practical know-how (such as models, lawyers, & Kardashians) get dumped in the African Savannah.

We have a thing going into that direction here : The infamous "Jungle-Camp".
English-language description : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ich_bin_ein_Star_–_Holt_mich_hier_raus!
German-language description : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ich_bin_ein_Star_–_Holt_mich_hier_raus!
I heard that this is kind of a carbon copy of a similar show from the UK.

I watched the show and this is what I was afraid of. After watching the first episode I told a friend of mine who also watched that they have some serious potential with this show if they do it right. Focus on the survival aspects and the overall wellness of the camp, not on individual relationships. Unfortunately they went with the latter and the show is now gone. This is the kind of show I want to see. Not the god-awful shit like "American Idol" & the "Voice". Ugh. Just the thought of those shows make me throw up in my mouth a little.

In what alternative timeline Ardipithicus and Homo Sapient can coexist ?the better adapted or the slightly more succesful takes out the other this has nothing to do with time.

Well I haven't made any trips lately to alternate timelines, so I can't answer that, but of course, who the fuck cares, it's TV.

Lions coexist with zebra just fine ~ There just needs to be be a lot of zebra :)

I would contribute to make this happen.

Show was awful. I made sure to watch on the premier night. I don't think I even made it through the first episode. IIRC it was filling the gaps between seasons of Breaking Bad, Walking Dead & Boardwalk Empire. It failed miserably to placate me. However, the Security Officer's wife was exotic & dreamy.

Back
Top Bottom