At Least 14 Killed in Colo. Movie Shooting

Very sad.

From what i read the suspect is a christian, probably another example of christian terrorism.

Christian terrorism is quite rare, at least compared to muslim terrorism. This is a 2011 report over terrorist acts.

This is an act of a insane person who claimed he's the Joker. It has nothing to do with religion.

Holmes, a graduate student at a nearby college with a clean arrest record, entered the movie auditorium wearing a ballistics helmet, bullet-proof vest, bullet-proof leggings, gas mask and gloves.

Someone comes into a theater wearing all this bullet proof gear and nobody thinks something MIGHT be wrong with this guy? Are you fucking kidding me? I don't care what movie it is. A bullet proof vest should light the fucking bulb over your head. Never mind full riot gear. Holy sheep shit batman.

People dress up in batman costumes and whatnot for these type of movies, hardly obvious who's insane and who's not ;) I also got the impression he snuck into the threatre.. me and a friend did that once when we were young, wasnt too hard, drunk as fuck.. when people were moving out of the saloon, we went in instead, it was the last movie so they closed down the place and we were all alone inside the cinema, kind of a funny memory, we didnt need to starve that night hehe

Very sad news.
Going to the cinema to entertain yourself and end up dead for no reason

What worries me, is that human life has no value any more. You may say that people doing this are lunatics, but, in general, people are not born lunatics. They are evolving to this state.

We need to start looking around us again

Someone comes into a theater wearing all this bullet proof gear and nobody thinks something MIGHT be wrong with this guy? Are you fucking kidding me? I don't care what movie it is. A bullet proof vest should light the fucking bulb over your head. Never mind full riot gear. Holy sheep shit batman.

In a dark theatre with everyone's eyes glued to the screen, it's not surprising that he wasn't noticed until it was too late.

When you have a population of helpless sheep you can expect the wolves to pop in from time to time.

Senseless murders happen in every country, not just the US. There are many countries with much higher homicide rate than us.

Which ones?

Which ones?
Many more than you might suspect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

This is another very sad day. I'm originally from Denver and lived reasonably close to Columbine growing up though out of the area by that event. I have many relatives in Aurora (one aunt is less that a mile from the shooter's apartment) but have had no direct links to either event.

I was raised with guns around and learned to shoot rifles in Arvada less than a block from downtown. That was more for hunting or sport than something like this. We were taught to respect guns and that they were not toys. While I can understand and tolerate hunting (though much less now than then), I really have never understood why automatic weapons are so widely available and why people fight so hard to keep them legal.

Anyway, I wish he would have ended his own life before this day and saved us the grief.

You should learn to tell the difference between legitimate information and propaganda.

The information wasnt accurate? Got proof? You're free to post your own links if you want to argue over the statistics.

The information wasnt accurate? Got proof? You're free to post your own links if you want to argue over the statistics.

It's as accurate as the person reading it wants to believe. It's promotional material for a campaign after all. Some people are more naive than others.

You really ought to come up with a new line.

You're not getting it though, so I guess I'll spell it out for you. It's not the statistics that I'm debating, it's the way they're being portrayed and the terminology that's being used.

It it claims 1 person was killed and another wounded on X date at X location over drugs, etc., then I'm sure I don't need to verify that.

Problem is.. such examples wouldn't normally be classified as a "mass shooting". My point is that some of the examples being used are completely bogus. But then again.. it's a political ad campaign. You would seem more credible if you linked to Wikipedia. :)

I'm debating the statistics, that's what i wrote about in my post, that you replied to. Also, I wouldn't think it was less horrible if it was called "shootings" or "July's funniest home shootings" instead of "mass shootings", i couldnt care less what they call it, it wasnt what i was looking for.

I can't find statistics over july's shootings in U.S on wikipedia, but again, you're free to give your own links / proofs (which you over and over refuse to do).

Back
Top Bottom