Here we go again, more lies about me on the codex

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not getting it obviously. Your repetition is primarily in you starting this thread and by that reiterating what you already mentioned before. So apparently you are still hurting inside over the bad stuff that happened to you on an internet forum a long time ago. And because it happened to you, you feel you are entitled to vent about it again.
You are indeed allowed to do that. Just as others are to respond and disagree with you.

And as far as throwing insults go, in this thread you are no stranger to that.

Onwards to page 8 :)

I give insults to people who give them to me, and try to keep it restrained even for some people from the codex for whom it's their biggest hobby. If people bring the same points up I give the same refutation. You are just another bully trying to attack someone at the first hint they may have different politics and accusing me of gay bashing at the drop of a hat even though it couldn't be further from the truth. If you didn't own the site I would have been much harsher to someone making bs claims like that. I tried to keep it civil but you just won't have it.

I know what YOU are saying, you are just clueless and butthurt that I pointed it out to you. You can't even figure out the thread's contents or point without a guide, let alone psychoanalyse me over the net.

Whatever you want to believe, though. :lol:

No psychoanalyzing needed:

You started a thread about being unfair treated on the Codex several years ago(!)
(and not for the first time)
We Watchers don't have any interest in this kind of discussion.
I suggest you create a free personal blog somewhere else, collect all ex-codexian-wallflowers and discuss this stuff there. Invite Crispy, DarkUnderlord, Trash, Roqua,… to sort out old issues.
The Watch is NOT the right place to do this.

Yet, I foresee another thread on this in the future :)

Yet, I foresee another thread on this in the future :)

You're damned right if the same thing continues I will make a new thread and you might even see some lawsuits as well.

Here's my story yet again. I quit my job some years ago to make an RPG. I worked 60-80 hours a week completing this thing and still have a lot more to go. For the last 2 years I have been close to making a kickstarter, it just takes away from time I can spend on the game. I certainly don't see any of the devs who constantly get their asses licked on this site spending that much of their own time and money and enduring that much hardship to make a game.

Now I lurked a little on the codex and noticed people being called me. Ok whatever. I did not really worry. Now a while back I go and find some long detailed discussions about "Bryce" who is nothing to do with me. He also heartily denies being me. Turns out there's dozens of threads like this, most of them hundreds of pages. So I try to get back my username to post, then the guy on the site pretends he sees our IP addresses are the same. Some south american neonazi or something as far as I can tell.

Or at least some extreme, controversial conservative figure if not that. The kind of guy who being associated with kills any chance I have to make any sales whatsoever. Which would probably blow over except that the guy owning the website flat out says I am the same guy, using his reputation (such as it is) to make me look like a fool and thereby killing off my project before it even takes in the first cent.

There's no "butthurt" here, there's character assassination. I have worked harder on this than most people will ever put into their entire careers and I have to wonder what the point is. It's impossible to sell a game with this bullshit following me around. However it's also probably impossible to get a 'real' job at this point as well since it's been so long.

Now I have a little guy like you trying to tell me I have hurt feelings. I don't have hurt feelings, I have a big problem that some lunatic has given me just because he thinks it's funny.

If you really can't empathize with this situation, and don't care about it from a moral perspective, and would really say that to a would-be developer who's spent that much time and effort and sacrificed so much you are a serious piece of work and you can go fuck yourself.

Ban me if you like, that's the truth....

Or at least some extreme, controversial conservative figure if not that. The kind of guy who being associated with kills any chance I have to make any sales whatsoever. Which would probably blow over except that the guy owning the website flat out says I am the same guy, using his reputation (such as it is) to make me look like a fool and thereby killing off my project before it even takes in the first cent.

There's no "butthurt" here, there's character assassination. I have worked harder on this than most people will ever put into their entire careers and I have to wonder what the point is. It's impossible to sell a game with this bullshit following me around. However it's also probably impossible to get a 'real' job at this point as well since it's been so long.

You're taking this way too seriously!

If it isn't linked to your real identity why bother? No one, government intelligence aside, will ever know Mr X shitpost on the internet under Y pseudo.

Did you let it spill? DarkUnderlord doesn't appear too bright to really carry a successful doxing (though I think he might be able to tell the street address), neither would he go to the extent of an actual reputation tainting campaign. There are other psychos on the Codex who I think would do that if it's spill though.

@MWJ: Yes, that is what you mentioned before. You value the influence the Codex (or we) have on any sale for your game too damned high.
It is you who keeps the fire lit, by drawing attention to it every time. It would have died quickly otherwise.

I'm also not so little with high heels :)

@ManWhoJaped

A good approach is to rid yourself of obsession. It's rarely healthy - and in this case, it won't serve a useful purpose.

Keep in mind that I've got you on ignore, as I can't stand your internet persona. So don't bother replying.

I'm just pointing out what seems to be the source of your troubles. Let the past rest, and move on. If you've fucked up, don't fret - it's what happens. Learn from it and move on.

Don't EVER expect online strangers to listen or change their minds. That almost never happens, and it's even rarer on a public forum where people are watching.

That would be my advice.

Bryce, I wasn't aware that you were posting here under the name "ManWhoJaped" and probably most Codexers weren't aware of that either. The association between you and Schattenjager isn't something I would worry about, you just have to let it die out on its own.

I have also dealt with the Codex slandering my work - an Arcanum mod - by the users Crispy (who is posting with his trademark fake friendliness in this thread) and someone else called d***smoker who spread vicious lies about my mod having a virus in it. This rumor spread until all revenue was killed and we had to shut down the company. Ce la vie.

Bryce, I wasn't aware that you were posting here under the name "ManWhoJaped" and probably most Codexers weren't aware of that either. The association between you and Schattenjager isn't something I would worry about, you just have to let it die out on its own.

Unfortunately I can't really release a game as "ManWhoJaped". It's been about 5 years, obviously it's never dying down. I wanted to get my side of the story out somewhere public. Of course I get some twats in here who go on about codex drama blah blah. The point was so that when I release my game newer people from codex and outsiders to the codex will know all this is BS.

Any site should be happy to have a potential dev posting. I don't post a news release every week like many devs who are never going to really release a working game because I myself hate that kind of crap. I actually try to take the more moral ground and not be a guy who sucks up or shows off every texture begging for kudos. So instead of a little support for a guy who has a serious legal problem I just get more trolling assholes.

I have also dealt with the Codex slandering my work - an Arcanum mod - by the users Crispy (who is posting with his trademark fake friendliness in this thread) and someone else called d***smoker who spread vicious lies about my mod having a virus in it. This rumor spread until all revenue was killed and we had to shut down the company. Ce la vie.

To be honest I haven't even done anything in over 6 months because I can see this is going to be pointless. The attitudes of some of the twats in here makes this more apparent than ever. I will probably just try to get a 'real job' again and stop squandering my life's savings.

It's just pointless to try and do something for money if you are going to get the cleve treatment and it's too much work to continue doing this for nothing. And I sure as hell am not going to give it away to people who act like this.

I like to think there is a much huger fan base than the web sites. But unfortunately that's how all the word of mouth travels so even if that's true it won't end up mattering. And getting a large gaming site to pay 2 seconds of attention is a pipe dream. If you are making a small game and you are getting harassed like cleve I just don't think there's any way to make more than some pathetic amount of money that won't support someone for even a year. I still have a lot more expenses to go as well.

It sucks, but looks like this is it. There's also been many technical issues and crap not worth going into and a lot of time spent learning stuff. But really it's hard to believe I wasted so much of my life on this.

Anyway that's my last post in this shithole.

This has gone on long enough. I think it's time for the truth.

The truth is, I know about Bryce's game. I have for a long while. Ever since he posted as "Chefe", his idea for an immersive RPG involving rabbits entitled "American Hare" is one of the best game concepts I have ever seen in my entire life.

Ever.

And I got jealous. I thought, "How can this man, this awesome man, with such a fine physique, wealthy trust fund income and coding prowess make such an RPG while I, with my Mensa t-shirt (proof here), can't?". It just seemed like this one man can have it all, while I'm trapped in my mom's basement, consoling myself by taking out the hurt and pain on innocent users of the Codex who have done no wrong.

And I cried.

I really cried.

It hurt me deep down inside to know that Chefe could create such a comprehensive vision of beauty. A game that would truly take the RPG world by storm.

And I vowed, ever since that day, that I would use my powers to ensure that no-one could hurt me deep down inside like that again.

And I banned Chefe. In fact, I banned the mother-fucker so hard he hasn't been seen on the Codex in years.

But... every once in a while, a user with a high IQ and awesome physical strength comes along and I'm reminded of Chefe. And I have no choice but to ban.

But lately... lately, it's gotten out of control. I see Chefe everywhere. The next thing you know, I'm browsing the tits thread and BAM, there's Chefe. Or a user who reminds me of Chefe, and I have to ban them.

But I've learned something from HHR. I've learned that forgiveness is the true path to salvation and the love of Jesus. And I want Jesus to love me.

But I also got jealous of HHR and Jesus' love for him so I banned him too.

And now, I'm just out control. I am completely out of control. It's like a lottery, I don't who I'm going to ban next. Just today I banned five random unsuspecting accounts, just because I like the feeling of power it gives me.

But that moment is so fleeting that it's not long before I'm banning someone again. Right now I'm trying to quench my hatred of Chefe by playing with CF's account. I distracted myself from banning users by coding a bit of JavaScript that only he gets, which logs him out every time he tries to post in the Shoutbox.

It's a piece of pure genius. Born out of a thought bubble from one of my mad, aspergers driven power trips.

And now, I just don't know how to stop myself.

Help me.

I doubt DarkUnderlord will partake for long in a thread on a forum where he doesn't have control and especially where he doesn't have dozens of members praising his every move.

S9ZOf9o.gif

gL8ugwA.gif

I didn't think threads like this existed on the interwebs anymore.....haven't seen a spewstorm like this since the 90's. Then again, I only visit 3-5 sites a week, so maybe I'm just missing out.

Brilliant, DU. Simply brilliant.

And CF, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I never had anything to do with your Arcanum mod. Have you been smoking the hashish again?

We need to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom