Dragon Age: Inquisition - Rumor of DRM breaking SDD drives

Thankfully, I wasn't planning on playing DAI for a long, long time. I've never played DA2 and avoided ME3 like the plague. No ea games for me, at least a year or more. I'm not justifying their criminal corporate behavior with a pre or release profit based purchase, especially after what they did to bioware. Nor do I have any intention of ever playing diablo like joxer mentioned. :mwahaha:

Neither will I be playing any EA games but I do kind of scratch my head at folks who express such hatred toward the company yet line up to keep giving them their money.:wall:
joxer, you have been challenged!

No clue if the rumours true but I would take everything the Denuvoso(?) guys say with a grain of salt, those are the same people that made the securom malware.

Also Starforce was well known to break drives and even rigs but it got denied till finally all publishers dropped it.
Wonder when they will ever learn, this will hold a few month then be cracked and at that point be cracked within hours except a few outliers, the same thing as with targes, securom and starforce.
I never heard of any of the one year+ uncracked games having any better sales.
Is that really worth the chance of pissing of your customers even more ?

I'd boycott EA over the new DRM but since i already do so for a long time now I guess this wouldn't have much meaning :p

joxer, you have been challenged!
With what?
I didn't buy horse armor nor any other stuffpack DLC in any game.
I didn't buy nor pay a dime for scamware on phonegames.
I would never ever give a cent to Pet Society and other cow clickers on facebook.

But you bought an EA game after bashing them all the time.

For someone who is not interested in EA games, he seem to know lot about the bugs and issues of said games even more than some EA executives :)

For someone who is not interested in EA games, he seem to know lot about the bugs and issues of said games even more than some EA executives :)

That's because he's obviously Andrew Wilson in disguise. He used to be John Riccitiello until March 2013, but don't tell anyone.

EA game?
You mean EA games.
Did you miss I've bought The Sims 4 two months ago? It's also EA game.

I do. Isn't that sad?
To sum things up.

- No matter who made them, I don't buy games with Season Pass as IMO that's scam.
Such games, I'll buy only if completed and if max 10 bucks for that complete package. Such games are not worth more - even on their release day. If they were worth more, they wouldn't need season pass scam in the first place.

- I won't buy DLC that is obvious scam (items, itempacks, pay2win content). About real expansion type DLC I was fooled once with DLC that messes up the main game - Mass Effect series, after that I won't buy such games at all. But if I didn't step on the mine once, I wouldn't know what to think about it as noone actually sumed up all war assets and proved it's pay2win stuff (I've posted how and why here on the forum).

I will buy expansion type DLC only if it's standalone or doesn't touch main game (FarCry3 DLC, DX:HR DLC). If you remember, I asked on DeepSilver forums do they plan to release more DLC apart from day1 pack. When they said no, then and only then I bought Risen 3. If they said yes, I wouldn't buy the game at all.

DA:I has two versions. Standard and Deluxe. I won't ever upgrade to deluxe. Reason? It's obviously pay2win itempack DLC scam.
So I did buy the game, but it's fradulent DLC? Not a chance.

- I hate EA. I'm bashing EA everywhere I can. But what exactly I hate? Games? No.
I hate EA's scam business they've woven around games. I hate them calling phone scamware as games. There is no game in there (sims freeplay,dragon age heroes, dungeon keeper), only scam.
Why on earth I wouldn't buy a game if I believe that game as a product is not scam? It's not games I hate and it was never games. It's the rest of stuff EA does that I hate.
Sure, it's not only EA that does scams, but EA is the only company that does every possible scam that exists and encourages other companies to become scammers.
You might say, why not hating someone else too then, for example Ubi, they also have season pass in their recent FarCry 4. Well, they do. But they don't have money laundry currencies called simpoints or bioware points and they don't make phones scamware. And I didn't buy FarCry 4, until as I've said above, the price on the whole package drops to max 10 bucks. You wanted to scam me, well now if you want me to buy it, I refuse to pay the full price = your loss.

I'm not sure can I be more clear than this.
You shouldn't be after me. I buy games.
You should be after those who pay to be scammed. Those who buy DLC, season passes and bitcoinlike currencies. Not me. EA didn't become the devil because of me nor people like me. They collect candy from some other people.

EA game?
You mean EA games.
Did you miss I've bought The Sims 4 two months ago? It's also EA game.

I do. Isn't that sad?
To sum things up.

- No matter who made them, I don't buy games with Season Pass as IMO that's scam.
Such games, I'll buy only if completed and if max 10 bucks for that complete package. Such games are not worth more - even on their release day. If they were worth more, they wouldn't need season pass scam in the first place.

- I won't buy DLC that is obvious scam (items, itempacks, pay2win content). About real expansion type DLC I was fooled once with DLC that messes up the main game - Mass Effect series, after that I won't buy such games at all. But if I didn't step on the mine once, I wouldn't know what to think about it as noone actually sumed up all war assets and proved it's pay2win stuff (I've posted how and why here on the forum).

I will buy expansion type DLC only if it's standalone or doesn't touch main game (FarCry3 DLC, DX:HR DLC). If you remember, I asked on DeepSilver forums do they plan to release more DLC apart from day1 pack. When they said no, then and only then I bought Risen 3. If they said yes, I wouldn't buy the game at all.

DA:I has two versions. Standard and Deluxe. I won't ever upgrade to deluxe. Reason? It's obviously pay2win itempack DLC scam.
So I did buy the game, but it's fradulent DLC? Not a chance.

- I hate EA. I'm bashing EA everywhere I can. But what exactly I hate? Games? No.
I hate EA's scam business they've woven around games. I hate them calling phone scamware as games. There is no game in there (sims freeplay,dragon age heroes, dungeon keeper), only scam.
Why on earth I wouldn't buy a game if I believe that game as a product is not scam? It's not games I hate and it was never games. It's the rest of stuff EA does that I hate.
Sure, it's not only EA that does scams, but EA is the only company that does every possible scam that exists and encourages other companies to become scammers.
You might say, why not hating someone else too then, for example Ubi, they also have season pass in their recent FarCry 4. Well, they do. But they don't have money laundry currencies called simpoints or bioware points and they don't make phones scamware. And I didn't buy FarCry 4, until as I've said above, the price on the whole package drops to max 10 bucks. You wanted to scam me, well now if you want me to buy it, I refuse to pay the full price = your loss.

I'm not sure can I be more clear than this.
You shouldn't be after me. I buy games.
You should be after those who pay to be scammed. Those who buy DLC, season passes and bitcoinlike currencies. Not me. EA didn't become the devil because of me nor people like me. They collect candy from some other people.

I was just joking about :) Anyway like you, I am not fan of EA as well but I will still buy their games if they are good.

I gave up trying to understand Joxer.

He also bashed Skyrim constantly and bashed DLC constantly.

Then played Skyrim twice and called one of the DLC's great.:S

Pizza is like sex. Even if it's bad, it's still pretty good. Perhaps it's the same with RPGs. ;)

I also don't understand him. He says he hates EA and then gives them his money lol.

Joxer, you think your money is going to be used for something better than usual crap?
You just helped Bioware and EA consider games like DAI a good game to release.

At least you could have waited until the problems were patches and then bought it so they know people will not put up with buggy crap on PCs.

You truly have no case to bash anyone that you give money to.

Yup I got the DLC within that complete release, wouldn't buy it otherwise.
And yes, that one DLC is better than the whole Skyrim. Other two DLC are crapware.
Also, unlike the whole Skyrim, this one DLC is not bug-o-rama but is totally polished.
Replayed Skyrim after the "final" patch because thought that means I'll see less than 500 bugs. Was wrong.
What's hard to understand here exactly?

I also don't understand him. He says he hates EA and then gives them his money lol.

Joxer, you think your money is going to be used for something better than usual crap?
You just helped Bioware and EA consider games like DAI a good game to release.

At least you could have waited until the problems were patches and then bought it so they know people will not put up with buggy crap on PCs.

You truly have no case to bash anyone that you give money to.
Seriously do you think EA CEO cares about who hates EA and who doesn't?
He cares for numbers.

One more number on the game. Okay, make more games.
One less number for DLC. Err, let's not make more DLC (Sims Medieval case).
One less Bioware Points pack bought? Let's not put Bioware Points in future games (did they?).
One less Simpoints pack bought? Let's not put Simpoints from Sims 3 in Sims 4 (and did they?).
One less season pass (called BF premium in EA) sold? We'll see about that, too early to say.
One less EA whatever model on some console sold? Again, too early, dunno what's happening there.
Etc.

And I have every right to bash the publisher that delivered crappy and utterly broken product to me. If I didn't buy it, well, then there would be no reason to bash anything.

Actually Joxer's logic seems both straightforward and sound. In a nutshell, EA has multiple parts. Some parts are worth salvaging. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Maybe some ppl can understand that. Maybe not...

Actually Joxer's logic seems both straightforward and sound. In a nutshell, EA has multiple parts. Some parts are worth salvaging. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Maybe some ppl can understand that. Maybe not…
All the parts give money to same people. And those people can ruin any part at any time.

I am sorry but it is not sound. If you support any part of something you hate, in effect you support the whole thing. Unless you are ignorant. That would be understandable.

Back
Top Bottom