Getting back to work

I don't think people are afraid of being called lazy, they're afraid of losing their job and the security it provides for them and their family.

In the US, the social security system sucks and as such the power is largely in the hands of the employers.

Fact is that 75% of USA citizens HATE there jobs and about 20% lied (imagine to admit to your self that you hate what your doing all day long for the past 20 years, you would get depressed). People liking there jobs are minority and a bit confused.
Would you like being at your job? Or making Holidays?
Do you like your JOB or you like making money? Would you make your lovely job for free?
Someone said "If this was your last day of your life, would you do the things your about to do?"
I don't buy the "I love my job" thing (there is a small exception as always). You do it because you have to do it!
Im not saying being unemployed is good, that's horrible. We need money, and the only way to make money is by exchange it with our most precious thing "time".

Do you realize that most people work there lives off just to enjoy 15 - 25 DAYS a YEAR? Some of you here think that this is life and your also encourage the rest to do the same.
You know that average age of death is 71 years old, in most country's you work till your 65.
What im saying is work less and live more and if they ask you to go to work next weekend for extra $$$ don't go, stay and enjoy your time (stop being afraid to be labeled as lazy).

Woha, where do you live? average age of death is 71 years old? must be a pretty poor country.

For some people, the hard part is the social stigma associated with not having a job. I don't personally see it that way, but I know there's a lot of shame and guilt involved, which makes having free time a challenge.

It's a well deserved stigma if the person with no job is relying on social programs or leeching off people that do work just because they don't feel like working.

Most people don't care if others retire at 30 as long as they can support themselves.

Anyway i wasn't referring in Germany, but world wide. Now look at the forest behind the tree that you focus on :)

Afraid to be labeled as lazy? I really don't think I have that issue (points to the avatar).

Do you realize that most people work there lives off just to enjoy 15 - 25 DAYS a YEAR?
Most people where? Because most people I know get weekends off. There's about half a dozen holidays, too.

It's a well deserved stigma if the person with no job is relying on social programs or leeching off people that do work just because they don't feel like working.

Most people don't care if others retire at 30 as long as they can support themselves.

Are you saying that's the reason people are out of a job or?

Otherwise, I'm not sure why that particular case is relevant.

Working inside an economic crisis enviroment the last 5 years created a lust for just sitting and doing nothing. Or maybe just a normal working enviroment again. Working hard and being almost broke is a tough combination.

Sadly, it seems most people try to make themselves happy as wage slaves - and most of those can't abide when people elect not to be wage slaves, for whatever reason. Misery breeds contempt.

Working inside an economic crisis enviroment the last 5 years created a lust for just sitting and doing nothing. Or maybe just a normal working enviroment again. Working hard and being almost broke is a tough combination.

I am sorry but reality is people themselves created this crisis. The never ending need to by more at lower prices, never thinking about why something cost more.

Simple put if you buy a simple t-shirt made in first world country for 30.00 you are keeping that person employed at wage needed to live in a first world country. Buy 70 t-shirts made in China or India not only are taking a job away your are taking many jobs away.

I have always believed in the fact that I wish nothing but the best for my children and try and give them every chance to do what they want as they grow. Enrolling them in sports, arts and crafts, different camps. Also being their while they while they are doing any of these actives or coaching them in them. Though I also know the reality is we need good paying jobs in factories, construction etc as not everyone is suited or wants on office type job.

This jobs have slipped away from most first world countries because of the demand for lower prices and to have more, more, more. Walmart, I believe firmly was the start of this. With low paying part time jobs, low priced crap( yes it is crap) and really no reguard for the consumer nor the employee.

Anyways you made ask me and my answer will be I have only once in my life bought something from Walmart and it was because I couldn't find it any where else. It was the only thing on a five year olds Christmas list.

Most things in my home are made in Canada or by myself with the help of my brother and father. Food I go to the market a lot of the time and will not buy anything food products in a third world country. Even with my job, though other products the company I work for sells cheap products. The product lines I am in charge of all are made in Sweden, France, Italy and the US.

It was a hard go showing people that this products are better made and last longer for them over the cheaper products. Though while we are back in a recession this year my department is up 33% over last year.

WOW what a Rant and I could go on and on...

Don't have a job? Can't pay your bills? Look at the where something is manufactured next time and maybe think about how it effectives everything.,

That's hardly fair.

The vast majority of the situation came about because of banks and investment firms that deliberately deceived consumers into believing it was safe to invest in stuff like housing.

Sure, if you have a brain - you'd know that can never last, but most people don't have brains.

It doesn't help that banks and investment firms get a pass, because we refuse to hold them accountable.

That's hardly fair.

The vast majority of the situation came about because of banks and investment firms that deliberately deceived consumers into believing it was safe to invest in stuff like housing.

Sure, if you have a brain - you'd know that can never last, but most people don't have brains.

It doesn't help that banks and investment firms get a pass, because we refuse to hold them accountable.

That is false 100%, and when done this meeting I will explain

I am sorry but reality is people themselves created this crisis. The never ending need to by more at lower prices, never thinking about why something cost more.

Simple put if you buy a simple t-shirt made in first world country for 30.00 you are keeping that person employed at wage needed to live in a first world country. Buy 70 t-shirts made in China or India not only are taking a job away your are taking many jobs away.

I have always believed in the fact that I wish nothing but the best for my children and try and give them every chance to do what they want as they grow. Enrolling them in sports, arts and crafts, different camps. Also being their while they while they are doing any of these actives or coaching them in them. Though I also know the reality is we need good paying jobs in factories, construction etc as not everyone is suited or wants on office type job.

This jobs have slipped away from most first world countries because of the demand for lower prices and to have more, more, more. Walmart, I believe firmly was the start of this. With low paying part time jobs, low priced crap( yes it is crap) and really no reguard for the consumer nor the employee.

Anyways you made ask me and my answer will be I have only once in my life bought something from Walmart and it was because I couldn't find it any where else. It was the only thing on a five year olds Christmas list.

Most things in my home are made in Canada or by myself with the help of my brother and father. Food I go to the market a lot of the time and will not buy anything food products in a third world country. Even with my job, though other products the company I work for sells cheap products. The product lines I am in charge of all are made in Sweden, France, Italy and the US.

It was a hard go showing people that this products are better made and last longer for them over the cheaper products. Though while we are back in a recession this year my department is up 33% over last year.

WOW what a Rant and I could go on and on…

Don't have a job? Can't pay your bills? Look at the where something is manufactured next time and maybe think about how it effectives everything.,

The reality is that, buying cheap stuff from third-world countries is making the world more equal. Unfortunately another reality is that because things are so cheap we buy a lot of useless crap which is destroying the environment. I can't understand how people can buy so much crap... I would never dream of buying anything I don't need.

100% false? How about 95%? ;)

Well, if you can prove that banks and investment firms are 100% innocent here - then I'll be very impressed.

Still working but on a bit of a break. To this post, that is the same logic to blame the drug deal for someone's overdose.

No one told anyone to get 15 credit cards, buy 3 sports cars on credit and a half 5000 square foot house.

Never mind take risk in some of these money funds.

I have never had a credit card, I don't have a car payment and though the banks would give bigger mortgage I have a big enough home.

So just like if no one bought Crack there would be no Crack dealers. People can't blame the banks for giving them the money they wanted. Nor for them losing their because they keep buying low price junk and lost their job.

Still working but on a bit of a break. To this post, that is the same logic to blame the drug deal for someone's overdose.

No one told anyone to get 15 credit cards, buy 3 sports cars on credit and a half 5000 square foot house.

Never mind take risk in some of these money funds.

I have never had a credit card, I don't have a car payment and though the banks would give bigger mortgage I have a big enough home.

So just like if no one bought Crack there would be no Crack dealers. People can't blame the banks for giving them the money they wanted. Nor for them losing their because they keep buying low price junk and lost their job.

I'm afraid your explanation isn't convincing.

Banks and investment firms represent an authority and a big part of their function is to counsel their customers based on their superior insight into financial matters.

That doesn't mean consumers are without guilt - but they don't represent the core of the problem - and any individual consumer means nothing next to a bank in terms of the power to influence the market.

As for your questionable drug analogy, it would be appropriate to consider the banks as the drug dealers trying to persuade ignorant children to do drugs, because it's safe.

Obviously, that's not the whole truth - but it's far more accurate than your example.

People can't blame the banks for giving them the money they wanted. Nor for them losing their because they keep buying low price junk and lost their job.

Perhaps not, but we can blame the banks for lending out dozens of times more imaginary money than they could ever back, and requiring epic taxpayer bailouts when things go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom