Witcher 3 - An Epic Year

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new trailer for The Witcher 3 has been released, which is labeled as 'An Epic Year'.

"This year was really epic for the entire crew behind The Witcher. We launched Wild Hunt, the RPG we've been working on for so long, then we've gone above and beyond to give gamers as many free DLC as we could, and then released Hearts of Stone, which - judging from player feedback - took the game even further. And we innovated all along the way -- if you compare Wild Hunt to our previous game, almost every element was improved or changed. Now we're working on Blood and Wine, the final expansion for Wild Hunt which we will launch in 2016. To thank everyone for being with us this whole time, we've prepared something special -- enjoy the Epic Trailer!" said Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, Game Director, CD PROJEKT RED.

More information.

Almost asked where to download HD then saw half of it scenes I never saw (DLC).
Meh.

I never finished this. Good game, but way too padded out. Just got repetitive.

I do agree, sadly. I will certainly finish it someday, but as you say there is way too much filler locations and quests. And the combat isn't nearly as precise as it could be. For all the awesome quests and amazing moments there's way too much very average, generic stuff. As you say, it is a good game...but it isn't some sort of revelation or next-level RPG.

Repetitive? Filler?
I can't disagree more. There was no second in that game where I'd ask myself should I spend time on something else instead. Nor were a mission, main or side, where I'd think hey this is completely copypasted previously done quest.
Unlike overrated games like GTA5.

Sorry.

I agree with Joxer. As long as I didn't actively follow the map marker "quests" it wasn't repetitive.

Really? There was a lot of filler quests included in the game as well as the storyline ones. I'm not sure how you can say there were never any that felt that way unless you skipped a lot of content.

I still haven't beat this as well as it felt repetitive after awhile...I'm sure I will return to it.

Really? There was a lot of filler quests included in the game as well as the storyline ones. I'm not sure how you can say there were never any that felt that way unless you skipped a lot of content.

Give me few samples of those filler quests rune? As Morrandir have said, one could think that about PoIs but quests?

I think I did "all" of the side quests except the map marker "quests" which I only did when I close anyway and in the mood to simply kill things. Especially in Skellige I have ~80% still open. They shouldn't be considered quests anyway but "marked loot".

Give me few samples of those filler quests rune? As Morrandir have said, one could think that about PoIs but quests?

I guess the PoI's would be what I would mostly mean, or the bulletin board sign ones....(well the majority of them) they were pretty much the same. It isn't a bad thing that they were there just that they were very similar and if you are anything like me and like to complete things etc it drove you a bit nuts....

I have no idea how many quests they had that were not PoI now that I think of it. Don't get me wrong it was a lot of fun for awhile. I just ran out of steam before I got to the end.

There are two different kinds of PoI: question marks and exclamation marks. While question marks do get repetitive the same can't be said about exclamation marks.
As for Witcher contracts? Well, that what Geralt did for a living. Besides, some of those contracts are actually quite interesting and unique.

It isn't a bad thing that they were there just that they were very similar and if you are anything like me and like to complete things etc it drove you a bit nuts….
Yup, if you're a completionist, things might get repetitive in TW3.

Erm... Even as completionist I don't see any reason to visit every single "?" on the map - many of those spots are either mobnests or sea barrels. What's even worse, those usually hold some garbage loot you'll never need - by completing contracts, main and side quests you'll have enough loot to scrap and combine into the witcher equipment.

I guess those are in the game so Dark Souls fans can grind for months on those.
If Ovenall and Brumbek went to clear every single one of "?" I can understand their frustration. I just avoided it.

I have a friend that cleared every single mark on the map. Crazy! I'm not a completionist at all. I do some of the side stuff but I love a well developed main storyline and prefer to just do sides when I need a break from the main.

Admittedly, F4 is better than W3 for side stuff and exploring but part of that for me is that I love post apocalyptic settings more than fantasy.

Isn't it the case in every games though?
I don't know. Might well be.

Erm… Even as completionist I don't see any reason to visit every single "?" on the map
That depends on the definition of a completionist. There are gamers that want to experience absolutely everything.

The only thing that keeps this game from being the best RPG I've ever played is the fact that I'm forced to play someone else's character. If this new CDPR cyperpunk project has the same level of writing, acting and character development that Witcher 3 had, it may very well beat the Mass Effect series for me in terms of pure epic-ness.

I realise that they're working on Cyberpunk now, which is great, but, if I were in their shoes, I would definitely follow up with a "World of Witcher" game. Same world, but in which players have as much character flexibility as in TES. I think they'd have a major hit.

The only thing that keeps this game from being the best RPG I've ever played is the fact that I'm forced to play someone else's character. If this new CDPR cyperpunk project has the same level of writing, acting and character development that Witcher 3 had, it may very well beat the Mass Effect series for me in terms of pure epic-ness.
I think the more options you have in character generation the more difficult it gets to design "the same level of writing, acting and character development".

Back
Top Bottom