EA - Wants to "Regain the Trust" of PC Gamers

First step, offer Steam or DRM Free as an alternative.
Not going to use an additional Platform.

DRM free I understand, we all like that.
Steam is a DRM platform and you don't want steam to be the only DRM platform... even though I like having all my games in one place!

I'll never buy another EA game if they're all exclusive to Origin.
So the huge (yeah right) hassle of having to run Origin to play the game is far more important than the quality of the game itself?

Not like you have much to be concerned about here, since EA games suck anyway, but it seems like a silly attitude.

I am going with the same attitude. It's not like there aren't enough games on steam already. But yeah, I didn't buy Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition primarily because they are Origin exclusives.
I want my games all on one platform. Was already pissed when Daedalic didn't give me a Steam key for the DRM Free boxed CE of Blackguards 1.

Bunch of soul destroying, formulaic **nts. Regain our trust? Hows about pumping millions into making a proper Dragon Age sequel, and proper Mass Effect 3, then giving us it all for free for the millions we've already spent on those God awful abominations? Hows about turning Bioware back into an RPG master as opposed to the target driven shite they've become?

Bellends

Last edited:
Steam is a DRM platform and you don't want steam to be the only DRM platform

At least one understands the fact that STEAM is the harbinger of our downfall.

Wouldn't say it is. I mean, yeah, it is problematic, but I wouldn't say that's the fault of steam/valve.

In a perfect world there would be gog, steam, ubi, and ea all with their own platform as it is now - just with the difference that all games could be found on every platform. So you could decide to buy the game where you get the best offer for the game, or the best services.

It's basically the same as console games. I am not pissed if a game releases on playstation. I am pissed if it's a playstation exclusive. Exclusiveness (for the sake of exclusiveness) is always bad.
But of course it doesn't affect me for now as long I am on the "winning side".

I find curious from this thread how so many DRM haters are fine with using Steam. Big on double moralities, are we?

Steam is not a lesser evil, it's a cancer that is asphyxiating gamers and while I can understand it's convenient for casual players, I can't understand how DRM haters can put up with it only because it lets you see friends online and keeps a nice list of the games you own.

All I have to say is that on the DRM topic, the words of anyone who sell themselves that cheap are void and weightless.

Last edited:
Without any argument's that's just...
9325080020.jpg

Won't comment previous posts (but will probably repeat something).

Seems EA waited for years till definetly a worse company appears on the scene (not the similar evil like Ubi or Konami). And it happened last year, WB Games took the throne for the worst company in gaming industry when it comes to PC.

Gaining trust? Let's see… 10 deadly sins from top of my head (could be more, but I don't have time for that):
1. Dungeon Keeper 4 phones scam? Okay it's phones, but where's new DK on PC?
2. Sims 4 that compared to it's predecessors feels like just a stuff pack?
3. Where is Jade Empire 2?
4. Where is Kotor 3?
5. Battlefield Hardline, 'nuff said.
6. SW:Battlefront, content, price, microtransactions, one of disappointments of the year.
7. Was WASD mess in DA:I tactics view ever patched?
8. So… Last SimCity was fantastic and a success, right EA?
9. After all these years Bioware Points and SimPoints scam didn't cease to exist?
10. EA access on PC? You may shove that console garbage tax up your arse.

Dunno who's trust EA thinks they'll regain, but trust of a common PC player, me, it doesn't look like happening soon.

Origin is fine. Ive bought Titanfall and Battlefield3 but my Origin has nearly 30 games because they keep giving them to me for free. (edit: A fair chunk came from Humble EA Bundle)

Also, I get fantastic download speeds.

My personal issue with EA, and any company who adopts the practice, is unskippable videos - especially intro logos.

They have killed several games I was playing at the time like Earth and Beyond, Battleforge and potentially Darkspore.

And canceling Command and Conquer: Generals 2! What an outrage! Really wanted that one.

Also, I don't want to buy EA games these days because I know I'll have to buy too much DLC and then they'll just release the next game and I'll have to buy it all again.

So the huge (yeah right) hassle of having to run Origin to play the game is far more important than the quality of the game itself?

Not like you have much to be concerned about here, since EA games suck anyway, but it seems like a silly attitude.

Why should you put up with something you don't want? You might not see it as a "huge hassle" but I see Origin as a form of unnecessary spyware. And its not even GOOD spyware.

Well since I trust only about 3 people and no companies. They can't regain something they never had.

I don't hold grudges if they do something I don't like and I don't blindly buy their games if they do something I do like. I'll judge each game individually and make a decision then. If I like it I'll buy it if not I'll wait for their next game.

The thing is, EA have actively destroyed what was the leading RPG dev for 15-20 years in Bioware, have seen how well the likes of CDPR are doing with TW3, and now realize their approach has to change.

Their approach previously has been "dilute and formulize everything for the masses", and now they're realizing that the real money comes from real gamers who'll buy games several times over in several guises, plus additional add ons etc.

Trouble is we're far more clued up than Joe COD to fall for their bollocks spin.

Like I say, give me a proper Dragon Age sequel, a proper ME3, and give me both for free and I'll consider trusting them again.

Been trying to download jade Empire since December and it always error's out. Sent them e-mails to no reply.

I'm pretty sure the Origin platform destroyed my laptop several years ago, so the combination of that plus their own business model will keep me away from them forever. Steam I can use and play offline, I never have an issue with it, and if one version of drm isn't enough, then keep your junk. Anything that requires the Origin platform receives nothing but derision from me.

yeah. you can play madden on your phone, but not on your PC. EA, you really are the antithesis of what the PC gamer wants. End of story.

Back
Top Bottom