RPGWatch - GotY 2015 Awards - Most Promising RPG

I've wondered the same…many, many times. He loves to complain about us, but he contributes very little but vitriol and he's clearly not very bright.

He talks about how much he hates it - and all of us - but he won't leave. He's like a horrible case of fleas.

It is because he doesn't have a basement or even a house. Lives in a small motel room off the Highway with other low lives. So this makes him mad that he can't play the newer games we play on his 386DX33.

Had a full gym in there for a few years, now darts, full air hockey and this spring maybe a pool table.

Would love to get a working 50's pinball machine, had one growing up but my parents sold when I was living out west.

I'm jealous. I'd love to have a pool table and air hockey but I'd have to gut out the 2 bedrooms and make 1 big room and that's not going to happen.

1 of the bedrooms does have a bunch of workout equipment setup in it but I have to admit it's just gathering dust the past year. Need to get back to it. Nothing hard core though.

haha yeah, funny thing is I get accused of being horribly mean…I'm never like that.

No. You're not mean. Passionate, maybe, but you've certainly never been mean to me...

I'm jealous. I'd love to have a pool table and air hockey but I'd have to gut out the 2 bedrooms and make 1 big room and that's not going to happen.

1 of the bedrooms does have a bunch of workout equipment setup in it but I have to admit it's just gathering dust the past year. Need to get back to it. Nothing hard core though.

I was hardcore bodybuilding for 25 years, got out of it about a year and half ago. Getting older and to many sore body parts. So I sold it all (even had a leg press) and got the air hockey table, been looking at pool tables but not sure yet...

I was hardcore bodybuilding for 25 years, got out of it about a year and half ago. Getting older and to many sore body parts. So I sold it all (even had a leg press) and got the air hockey table, been looking at pool tables but not sure yet…

That's awesome, I've never had the discipline it takes to be a serious body builder. I try to keep in shape though. I've always played baseball, softball, basketball and football.

Getting older sucks though, now that I'm in my mid 40's it takes a lot longer to recuperate and getting much hard to keep up with the youngsters. I stopped playing football altogether and stopped playing the others competitively. Just pick up games now.

I know way off topic but this thread went in the crapper a while ago.

I know way off topic but this thread went in the crapper a while ago.

I would far rather listen to a couple of decently mature adults have a reasonable conversation - off-topic or no - than read a lot of what we've seen. :)

And I think I can speak for a lot of people...

I would far rather listen to a couple of decently mature adults have a reasonable conversation - off-topic or no - than read a lot of what we've seen. :)

And I think I can speak for a lot of people…

How do you not have mod skills?

I'm hoping we can go back to the watch we had a couple of years ago...things don't always change for the better.

I'm hoping we can go back to the watch we had a couple of years ago…things don't always change for the better.

*graceful bow* Why thank you…:) That means a lot, actually!

They don't. But I share your hope. All the time.

I'm hoping we can go back to the watch we had a couple of years ago…things don't always change for the better.

The watch staff have never banned for off topic or even trolling. You'd have to be pretty terrible to be banned. I'd be disappointed if we got a ban fest happy hammer just because someone said something mean. I think the watch you are wishing for won't exist.

The watch staff have never banned for off topic or even trolling. You'd have to be pretty terrible to be banned. I'd be disappointed if we got a ban fest happy hammer just because someone said something mean. I think the watch you are wishing for won't exist.

It's not just mean, it's nasty crap that has no place, I could care less if someone was mean in a normal way...

Using vulgar terms to demean or belittle others doesn't add anything.

It's not just mean, it's nasty crap that has no place, I could care less if someone was mean in a normal way…

Using vulgar terms to demean or belittle others doesn't add anything.

Rather than having one person on patrol, they have given you the power to block.

Rather than having one person on patrol, they have given you the power to block.

Not really...anything quoted can be seen, plus it colors posters in a bad way.

Not really…anything quoted can be seen, plus it colors posters in a bad way.

Tis but text on a screen?

Would you really let that dictate how you feel or what you think?

Tis but text on a screen?

Would you really let that dictate how you feel or what you think?

Nope, but I'm not resorting to nasty stuff that isn't something a teenager should be reading. Want that level of posting, codex is more then willing to accept it. I didn't think this is an adult only site?

Nope, but I'm not resorting to nasty stuff that isn't something a teenager should be reading. Want that level of posting, codex is more then willing to accept it. I didn't think this is an adult only site?

Well each to their own. It seems silly you don't want to block him on the odd chance that his stuff will get quoted and you'll see it anyway.

Just based on my experience (mostly lurking) with both sites since they each began, I'm fairly certain that Codex has a lot more moderation overall than Watch does. But there is also a difference in what each crowd considers acceptable. Codex is more about free speech, as in USA 1st Amendment style. As an example, you would never get banned there for being "racist" etc. But you may well get banned for stinking up the site with shitposts.

On Watch, you have to be politically correct to some degree with your speech, you don't necessarily have free speech here. But as long as you stay within those guidelines, you can shitpost all you want and nothing will happen.

I always thought that Codex just banned people whenever they felt like it...?

Every forum has (or perhaps needs) their fair share of idiots. We have luji1 and quite a few others. It would be a very quiet place if we start banning people because they say things someone doesn't like.
If you are looking for a place where everybody is warm and social, and where people get along with each other, then this is not that place. Only a close forum could potentially accomplish something like that.

Back
Top Bottom