Latest Puzzle Quest News

I got my installer details for my review copy ... will be interesting to see how that all goes.

Hope it goes well. I'm holding out for the boxed copy--should be out next week sometime.

I ordered my boxed copy tonight. Strange that this doesn't show up in anyone else's store (no EBGames, no Walmart, no Best Buy, no Target). I guess this is an Amazon exclusive since they show it "in stock".

Yeah, from what I've gathered lurking the I2 forums, the distributor is Valuesoft(THQ) and they're not doing much to push the game. I'd really rather purchase through a dedicated gaming retailer(Amazon has enough money) but it doesn't look like any of them will have it anytime soon.

Edit: I sent an email to gogamer CS--they are checking into it.

Last edited:
Well, I'm a bit puzzled now, so to speak. Amazon showed the game "in stock" but now that item of my order is shown as not shipping for another week.

Whoever recommended this I'm going to eat their children!

*fails History 10*

I ordered my boxed copy tonight. Strange that this doesn't show up in anyone else's store (no EBGames, no Walmart, no Best Buy, no Target). I guess this is an Amazon exclusive since they show it "in stock".

I can't stand that stuff ... I still don't have the DS Chibi Robo game as it is Walmart exclusive and there is no marketing (and therefore no review copies).

Oh well, my experience with GamersGate continues along wonderfully!

dte I've discovered my citadel--and capturing critters to steal..er, research their spells, and searching for runes, forging helpful items, etc. Thanks for the tips. Now I can stay up even later...or is that earlier...

If I ever hear back from gogamer I'll post----my request to buy the game from them instead of amazon has been passed up the chain of bureaucracy to the purchasing people in some galaxy far away.

Well, Amazon shipped my order complete last night. Evidently, their inventory system doesn't talk to their shipping system very well. So some time next week, I should be seeing boards of colored tiles in my sleep (and listening to a couple -hopefully- good cds).

I am loving the GamersGate version ... but honestly it will never replace the DS / PSP version for me. I think that the game just *screams* play-on-the-go!

Good one. Alrik. :)

As I was saying all this time - the game is a blast, though I have much more on my hands currently to properly enjoy it.

Good to see you Arma, and thanks for making me 'waste' hours and hours of my life ;)

I'm still waiting on buying the PC version, but its not a problem atm since I'm fully occupied with The Witcher.

Don't shoot the messenger! Blame Steve Fawkner fot thinking of and actually making such a charming (and time consuming) game :)

Its arma I must kill then

Speaking of which (not) I wonder if we should do something of expanded coverage of this game. For example, strategies and what not about getting a multiplayer going with this game.

Team Corwin watch out...

Well, I've completely lost 2 days of my life to it so far. I finally decided to come up for air to hit the boards and prepare for the Cowboys game coming up. I'm about level 20 now (warrior). I might have to join Lucky's "Blame Arma" club...

One thing I've noticed is sometimes the AI isn't overly talented. It won't take an obvious attack or it will take a 3 of a kind over a 4 kind. It more often than not doesn't cast spells when it could. This is probably good otherwise I wouldn't survive long.

It doesn't seem to vary according to the type of creature your fighting either. I would think there might be routines in a more cunning creature that would make it play slower so it can find better moves but they appear the same.

Taking on a human component could be very messy. I imagine there's some very, very good players out there.

Last edited:
Have you noticed, though, how often the AI seems to know what tiles are going to drop next? If you've got only a few choices and you pick the one the AI suggests, 9 times out of 10 it will drop new tiles that give the AI a 4-in-a-row of +5 skulls. Perhaps the "poor play" is designed to offset the dirty rotten cheating. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom