Grimoire Forever

Of course I will issue a full report on the non-release party! It will be written in invisible ink, and delivered to you via flying unicorn.

:-D

Grimoire?? Forever?????

I have to laugh. I check the net about once a year (or less) in morbid curiosity to see if Cleve's game would every see the light of day only to find out that there an update and it is going to be out soon!! (again) :rolleyes:

Wasn't this the game that would be released before/and kick Wizardry 8's butt? Of course W8 has long since been removed from the scratch and dent bin. I saw a screen shot several years ago of a fountain. Looked like a W7 fountain. Nice fountain.

IF there was a playable version available and Cleve "just not happy" with it, then the guy is "none too wise" to be polite.

I wouldn't mind to play a retro W7 type game.

But I really suspect that this is much ado about nothing - or vaporware.

FW

Last edited:
Check out our Picture database. If there are none there, then I know we had quite a few back at the Dot. I can always have my collection uploaded!! If you enjoy Wiz 7 & 8, or M&M 3-5, EOB, or LOL, then you'll enjoy Grimoire as well!! Come on Cleve, talk to us here.

Sorry, I was slumming at the Codex for a while, posting an utterly meaningless series of gibberish essays about nothing much really.

Whazzat? Gremlins? Grampa? Grimoire?

Yes ... I really am supposed to be working on that game. I really am.

I was playing around with Game Editor lately and did some work on a zombie seige game. This is wrong, because I was supposed to be working on finishing Grimoire. I had a long run of it for a month or so and then got distracted.

Still editing NPC scripts. Then editing some more. And more. It's like Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. Every day is the same. Every day, the game is exactly 99.9999% complete, just like the day before it.

If the game was a hoax, at least then it would not be such a pathetic situation.

... must go back ... to working ... on game.

I now have an utterly awesome job working only five minutes from the house for excellent moolah. So it is not like I really have an excuse not to work on it.

Must ... work ... on ... game ... resist ... mental aberration ... that ... causes ... severe painful ... boredom ... when even thinking about game ... soldiering on ... 99.999999% completed ... please God give me the strength to walk through the Valley of Hellish Boredom and fear no ennui .... Lord thy staff and rod would be best deployed against my skull to keep me on topic ... must keep ... working ... on ... game ....

Hummana .... yes .... 99.999999% complete ... just have to finish Mandarin's long spiel in pagoda ... practically wrapped up ...

I ran the entire 100 yards with the ball in about six months originally and then have spent 8 years trying to cover last four inches to goal line. Must ... not ... go ... spastic ... massive boredom waves pounding my skull like Kryptonite radiation ... damn you, Luthor ... like that ending scene with the severe bashing in Superman Returns except less homoerotic and what have you ... otherwise a hideous ordeal for the Man of Steel .... the boredom is unbearable ... must finish game ..... .. .. .GACK ... chugg ....

advocate_cover.jpg

I've got to ... do it ... for Christopher Reeve ... can't let Superman be remembered as flaming boody bandit in tights ... only finishing Grimoire can save the legacy now ... GACK ... cough ... hiss ... hock ...

Last edited:
Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
That's the spirit Cleve, let's do a final quick beta+ test and get this puppy out on the streets!! :)

Still editing NPC scripts. Then editing some more. And more. It's like Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. Every day is the same. Every day, the game is exactly 99.9999% complete, just like the day before it.

If the game was a hoax, at least then it would not be such a pathetic situation.

... must go back ... to working ... on game.

I now have an utterly awesome job working only five minutes from the house for excellent moolah. So it is not like I really have an excuse not to work on it.

Sounds exactly like the situation I have with my university graduation. I hope you have better luck with your game.

Check out our Picture database. If there are none there, then I know we had quite a few back at the Dot. I can always have my collection uploaded!! If you enjoy Wiz 7 & 8, or M&M 3-5, EOB, or LOL, then you'll enjoy Grimoire as well!! Come on Cleve, talk to us here.

Im just finishing off wiz1-3, bought LoL (original cp lost), played MM1 and cant wait to get to EOB so I guess this one might work for me.

Clive, don't succumb to mind flayers!

(sorry I misspelled your name in the name string, I'm not native English)

I know what you are experiencing, Cleve.

As a writer of interactive fiction (text adventures) I have often these weird attacks of boredom at the stage of completion a game. These 'mind flayers' as I call them, seem to be so relentless and aggressive sometimes that I'm every time on the verge of giving up.

I came to believe that this issue has something to do with murky depths of my own consciousness rather than with the essense of the particular thing I'm working on.
This superheavy boredom spell seems to attack me even fiercer whenever I'm nearing completion of something that I've put a lot of heart into, almost like if someone or something literally doesn't want me to complete it.

Then I discovered that my friend (a game designer) has long had similar effects in his work.

Being a stubborn person I have learned to fight back. Every time it seems harder than before though, but every time it is not impossible to overcome.
And you know, it does pay. Quadruple.

In this regard, I'd recommend a SF book called 'Mind Parasites' by one Colin Wilson. It's considered some sort of 'one of a kind' SF book, but I'd say it's a bit more than that. Apart from a subplot it mostly deals with things we (people of Western culture) take for granted and rarely try to really explore - our very consciousness as a True Space where things are at work that no picture can depict.

You are doing a great thing, Cleve. And you have everything you need to complete it.
These 'mind flayer' attacks only serve as testimony that the game is really worth finishing.

Through perseverence you shall be victorious. Let the Spirit guide you.

Last edited:
99.9999% finished ..then ffs release and patch the last 0.00001%!! :)

Good gawd, oleksus! There aren't supposed to be nice, common sense, encouraging posts in the Grimoire thread! ;)

Except by you and me Dte, since at least we've played it!! :)

"Living Fossils" you are, hm ?

;)

It's August now, Cleve.
Time to change the picture on website.

Just drop it now, Cleve. Abandon it.
This is not supposed to happen.

You shall not dare to poison the perfect world of mass-produced hogwash by some subtle replayable, artistic RPG.
It's too late now anyway.
The world is served on a plate, and the UberEater is about to eat its regular meal.

Its been nice knowing someone tried it, at least.

Last edited:
He can't drop it. This is the greatest con job in the indie market today. If Cleve ever releases Grimoire I'll be extremely surprised. I've always kinda thought it was a scam with a few rpgwatch collaborators on board. It's just an April Fool's practical joke that has been carried on for almost 15 years :) Like Cleve himself, Grimoire doesn't really exist. It's just an imaginary game with some photoshop pictures :D

I've always wanted to be part of a vast conspiracy! Who's going to show me the secret handshake?

dte- this is way off-topic but why the cowboys instead of the colts? I'm guessing that you must be a big fan of Indiana's MLB team too. I think Cleve is the owner, IIRC :D

To non-Americans, MLB doesn't have a team in Indiana!

I still think we should simply threaten to release the beta of Grimoire, unless Cleve sets and keeps a date for releasing a final product. We at the Watch will volunteer to test it, but I think we need to apply a little pressure. :)

Oh, Cleve does exist and I have pics to prove it. Trust me, they have been no-where near Photoshop!! :p

dte- this is way off-topic but why the cowboys instead of the colts? I'm guessing that you must be a big fan of Indiana's MLB team too. I think Cleve is the owner, IIRC :D

To non-Americans, MLB doesn't have a team in Indiana!
I've been a Cowboys fan since I was old enough to be a fan. Back in those days, you were either for America's Team or for those damn Steelers. Cloud-of-dust-for-4-yards was terminally boring compared to Roger the Dodger and shotgun formations. Even in '89 when we stumbled to 1-15, I was still a Cowboys fan, although I'll admit I was a little bit quieter about it that season.

As for the Dolts, I can't stand them because Indianapolis fans are horribly fair-weather. You can't throw a rock without hitting a dozen Colts fans these days, but I remember the not-so-distant past when Don Marsh (then-owner of Colts sponsor Marsh Supermarkets) couldn't personally give away lower bowl seats.

Last edited:
To be honest, at this point I think it's moot whether or not Grimoire is release, it's already provided many of us with more hours of entertainment than the average RPG.

PS: go 'Hawks.

I still think we should simply threaten to release the beta of Grimoire
yay! second that!
you can't begin to imagine how many hours I spent once trying to track that beta, just to touch that game, to play at least some of it.
my friend, with whom we once fought side by side through all of M&M, EoB, LandsOfLore, saw the Grim screens and nearly fainted.

Ah, this world is overrun by malignant menacing stupidity.

Ok dte, thanks for the reply. I live in St. Louis and I live and die with the MLB Cardinals. I did switch loyalties from the Football Cardinals to the Rams, mostly because I hated the owner of the football team. The Rams had a few good years, but we've been a terrible team much longer than a good team :( One can hope though.

I hope that Cleve gives his blessing on releasing the beta, Corwin. I don't think he'll have the gnads to finish Grimoire at this point.

Back
Top Bottom