Could it be

Good luck. :)

There is only a small problem, which is called "expectation". The danger imho lies in building up expectations, and kind of a "dream" of the other person.

If you manage to overcome this, then good luck ! :)

quite agree with you. and good luck Bart!

hmm, I know what it is like to possesive for sure. It might be my experiance is only from asian girls perspevice , in general we love if you call often and sent emails often, even to the edge of possesive, and we'd give the same back. The problem many europe man had with us is we are too high demanding and wants calls everyday etc, so the man can feel there is not enough room for his freedom. We are also very naive and easy to get hurt, since we believe the lies of western guys quite easily even if they have very different goals.

In our relationship it is not a problem though, we are both equally crazy possesive :D

GothicGothicness, I'm a Western man, but I think when I read your post you'd call me an 'Eastern' man. (not in terms of build -> Asian people are generally speaking smaller then me - 1m90 83kg)

No no, I never considered you 'Eastern' in fact asian men are nothing like in my post. but I think an asian girl might suit you very well given the nature of the earlier posts.

Ok, I misunderstood you. Indeed, if what you say is true, an Asian woman would be good for me in terms of calling and mailing.
Still I don't understand everything cause after all she also called me a lot, it's not only me. Anyway, I know she is thinking things over now and I'll wait for the result. I'm 29 years alone on this world, I don't think 13 days (or less I hope if everything still turns out allright) will have such a huge impact.

Wish me luck my brothers and sisters of the Watch.
I gave her a link to this place,

Sorry for being an ass but this is indeed very peculiar :).

Frankness is usually a good thing but in this case you should really wait at least 2 months or so.

CM is living happily in the USA, I in Belgium. Cm is a grandmother and I never had a relationship. Cm is special to me on rpgwatch and it's an insidejoke between titus, Cm, Corwin and me. If she sees it in another way, what tells that about her, MasterLich? After all it's she who said that we don't have anything between us, isn't it? And yes, I did overreact on her not responding to my call, but when you both agree on an hour to call each other ... Well, I still think that I'm not the only one responsable if this goes ill. Let's just hope that she finds it in her heart to forgive me and take me for the person that I am. I know that if we go further one, we will both have to pour water in the wine (an expression that you need to find a middle road.)

MasterLich has a point, though. You and I know that Cm is a grandmother, but she doesn't. If she drops by here, she's bound to notice that text. What will she do in such a situation? Asking you will be uncomfortable, and the explanation sounds a bit far-fetched, or even slightly creepy -- "she's this grandmother, and the text is there as an in-joke, ha ha." Put yourself in her place: if she gave you the link to a web forum she frequents, and her avatar had "OG's ho" below it, how would you react?

I would know it's a joke. It's not that we are total strangers, PJ. I mean we did talk on the phone frequently and long. I don't time everything, but I think I can safely assume she knows enough about me to know when it's a joke. I consider her as an intelligent being, not as a dumb blond.(she's a brunette)

MasterLich has a point, though.

Definitely, it's a bit weird and I wouldn't go taking any risks at the moment. Hopefully you'll be lucky and she'll still take a chance to get to know you better but I'd avoid anything that you need her to recognise as a joke until she does know you better.

Most likely, Corwin and ain't you now a white haired person? :)

edit: changed my profile title to avoid the confusion. Cm will have to do without me. Damn, that will send me right to the barn :biggrin:

Ok, seriously, I don't have a relation with that woman -> she specificly told me that. I just wait a bit to make my own feelings come to rest and hope she calls me. It isn't the hope anymore like Benedict described a few posts earlier, but I do still care for her no matter what she decides.

Last edited:
I think that some people would view this forum and think "looney bin" lol ='.'=

It's all good buddy, there's plenty of fish in the sea. Internet is the way to go tho, I wouldnt so much go to a "dating" site. Just a regular run-of-the-mill personal ad in an otherwise regular trading publication or site is the way to go, they arent solely in the biz of matching people and thus there's not a million guys flocking to a few female ads.

Ive done "dating" type sites, they havent worked. Personal ads = gold

Keep at it, just like anything persistence pays off.

Last edited:
Fear not Bart, I won't beat you yet. :lol: I guess some would find this thread a bit overly open for a forum, but they don't realize how many years a lot of us have known each other.

I will kill Corwin later, and you get one pass from the Barn this time..........but only one. :cm:

Internet is the way to go tho, I wouldnt so much go to a "dating" site. Just a regular run-of-the-mill personal ad in an otherwise regular trading publication or site is the way to go, they arent solely in the biz of matching people and thus there's not a million guys flocking to a few female ads.

Dating has been dumbed down!!! :'(

Seriously, doesn't anyone meet new people live anymore nowadays? I'd say the whole method has changed in the last 10 (or less) years. Where's the challenge? Where's the competition spirit? When I was young people went actually out to look for company and the best girls you always found by accident when a relationship was the last thing on your mind.

To Bart: cheer up; I have been let down by so many female creatures in my life that I could write a brick-thick book of my desperate efforts. Although those efforts were pretty serious matters a long time ago I can now easily laugh at myself and the memories. :lol:

I guess the Net just *works* better. I must've dated over 20 women I met in various ways "off-line," including cohabiting for a couple of years with one of them. All of these relationships eventually ended, most of them quite amicably, a few... less so.

I've met exactly one woman through the Net, and we've been happily married over eight years now.

Anecdotal, of course, but still...

Good that you found your happiness; it's actually soon 10 years from my divorce from a quite short marriage, I feel more like celebrating that than regretting anything.

Currently, I'm luckily, happily and lovingly living for about 5 years with a lady who plays MMORPGs and therefore gives me time to play my computer games as well. We're both divorced so there's no hurry or real reason to marry. Or my only reason to marry would be for tax benefits, but she says it's not a good reason...:rolleyes:

Far above in this thread, you managed to explain quite well my point of Bart's avatar signature; I might add that a joke is not a good one if you have to explain it.

Oh, marriage is definitely not and end in itself. I'm sure that marrying the wrong person can be one of the worst mistakes you can make. It's just one possible format for a relationship, and not the right one for everybody, I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom