BG3 Horniness Bug

HellRazor

Sentinel
This must be why all the male companion NPCs kept hitting on me, even after I rebuffed their aggressive advances again and again! (Either that, or it's because I'm sexy AF).

This must be why all the male companion NPCs kept hitting on me, even after I rebuffed their aggressive advances again and again! (Either that, or it's because I'm sexy AF).

I think it's more complicated and they can't fix it by simply adjusting some weights.

There are several aspects of the problem: companions who accept too easily to start a romance or have sex in the scope of a romance (I think that's what they partly changed), the fact that some of them just want to have sex because the situation is desperate (that's how they justified sex that was unrelated to romance), and the more annoying issue that they're all making insisting advances without acting on any clue - or even despite any clue.

For example, I still had one male companion and a mindflayer hitting on my guy on the same night, a few days after patch #2. I don't want to start a debate on straight/bi/gay preferences - though they could at least add a preference in the character creator if the game is going to be so focused on that - but it does make me feel uncomfortable that NPCs are so relentless in this game when I carefully avoided any response that may suggest I was open to it or even turned them down earlier.

It seems it's mainly all the male companions that behave that way; the female ones seem more reserved.

Yep, also noticed little change- I started a second playthrough and after patch 2 landed didn't notice too much of a change. for example, I was just nice to Gale, and he took that as an indication of interest. So I rebuffed him, but then the game makes it feel heavy handed. Also Wyll - with "the dance". You can either be a dick and disparaging or if you want to encourage him (since he seems pretty miserable) and you agree to dance, then you have to say "uh huh, not interested". It seems the dialogue choices force you to either rebuff/romance characters if you do *anything* remotely nice for them?

Next playthrough I'll rebuff them. I wonder how quickly they decide to leave, by the way. That's something I haven't tried.

PS: Oh yes, the dance. That was an awkward moment.

I'm annoyed that I was forced by the game to share a starlit night with Gale which he obviously thought was very romantic. I'm hitting the space bar thinking "get me out of here!"

Next playthrough I'll rebuff them. I wonder how quickly they decide to leave, by the way. That's something I haven't tried.

The male ones really don't take a hint at all! I finally figured out you had to choose the meanest responses to get them to back off.

I'm annoyed that I was forced by the game to share a starlit night with Gale which he obviously thought was very romantic. I'm hitting the space bar thinking "get me out of here!"
Yeah I remember that. I thought, let's try and see, hopefully he understood by now that it's pointless to try. It turned out all right but they were sitting quite close. I hated it.

You'll be pleased to see a new dialogue option later on the subject. ;) (but it's harmless)

Back
Top Bottom