Flooded

Taluntain

Keeper of the Watch
Staff Member
Administrator
(Moving this to a separate thread.)

Sorry everyone, my house got flooded just after my last message in this thread so I couldn't get back to this. I've only had internet connectivity restored today. As you can imagine, it's going to take me a bit of time to slowly catch up on things as I've still got a huge amount of cleanup to do in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Sorry everyone, my house got flooded just after my last message in this thread so I couldn't get back to this. I've only had internet connectivity restored today. As you can imagine, it's going to take me a bit of time to slowly catch up on things as I've still got a huge amount of cleanup to do in the coming weeks.
Sorry to hear that, Taluntain. Was it a plumbing issue or an outside source?

I went through a similar experience last year with Hurricane Ian. I'm glad you're ok. I hope you and everyone else over there are being helped by insurance.

Oh jeez, that really does suck. I can only imagine the sheer grind you're going through right now, a grind that's becoming all too common across the globe as planning departments get overridden by political incentives to build more lucrative housing on every inch of habitable land, with complete disregard for ancient waterways, river flows and means of natural drainage. Combine all that with increase rainfall and yowchies.

That is a pet peeve of mine as a lot of the housing impacted by the floods and then landslides was built in areas where it absolutely should not have been, either illegally or due to planning department corruption or negligence or who knows what that enabled people to legally build houses right under sliding hills or on flood plains and similar.

But in our case, the house is 50 years old and has never been flooded before. We didn't even think it was possible as we were on higher ground than most of the surrounding area. But then the roads and sewage system got flooded too and all of a sudden you've got muddy, possibly contaminated water pouring out of the basement drains and from all of the neighbours' lots and the road as well. Just awful.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, @Taluntain :(

I hope everything turns out well for you. Be safe!

I sure hope it works out well in the end for you. As someone that lives in an area that dances with hurricanes and flood possibilities roughly half of the year, you have my deepest sympathies.

Really sorry to hear that Taluntain. Hopefully you'll be able to repair your home and go back to normal life.

Floods can be really scary. People really underestimate how fast the water can rise.

Good luck !
I hope you'll get everything dried up, as far as possible !

Flooding is horrible and as HiddenX said the once in a lifetime sort of thing is becoming common, especially with the weather. Sorry to hear about the problems.

Back
Top Bottom