Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Official Announcement Trailer

Personally, while I used Mouse & Keyboard, I was «ok» with the combat system. I finished the game, and even won the tournament, without being able to do most of those fancy attacks the trainer was telling us about. I guess if I had mastered them, winning would have been easier... But I thought it was fun enough as is.

Archery was something else, however. I only got decent at hunting rabbits (thanks to the bow dot reticle mod) but in actual battle, it was very difficult.
That was exactly the same for me, though I ultimately grew more comfortable with the bow to use it decently in combat. I was frustrated because I couldn't do any melee combo, though, even if it was possible to win the tournament and play the game. I really hope they make the full melee combat possible for K+M users, this time.

Unfortunately, they didn't acknowledge the problem.

Looks interesting!
I hope they rehaul the combat system, I found the first one super weird with the controls, especially for mouse+keyboard. This is what made me eventually drop the game after about 1/3 of the progress.
The combat in the first game is really easy once you learn riposte. You get to block + counterattack. You don't need any master strike or combo unless you really want to.
Many people failed to learn riposte because it is not part of the initial mandatory training with Bernard. You need to ask him later to train to learn it.
And if you have the dog from A Woman’s Lot DLC you can send your dog to attack one enemy so you don't get surrounded when fighting multiple enemies. It can even grab the enemy so you can hit them.
You can also use the bow to snipe some enemies to decrease their number before they get in melee range. If you have having problem aiming with the bow you can enable the crosshair adding the line "wh_pl_showfirecursor 1" in user.cfg

The save system was fine as it was once they patched the game a little, IMHO. It sounds like that's what they're starting with this time.

My main worry is about pacing. In the first game, I was having a lot of fun until I finished the big attack on the encampment. After that, I felt like I was just wondering around, doing random stuff. Eventually, I got stuck in the monastery and couldn't really bring myself to care to get out of it. (Which could be interesting if they look at your old save to pick out what you did the first time through. I may be playing Brother Henry.)

My secondary one is the bow. I liked the bow, and liked it a lot! And then the game stuck me in a not-so-big room with a boss. That was awful. No armor, barely knew which end of a sword to hold... I really had to use my bow. I ended up dodging and running a lot, and reloading even more. I eventually got through it but wasn't happy at the end of the fight. Please, if you're going to all but require me to learn melee, telegraph it ahead of time. Big, glowing letters in the sky would be ideal.

My secondary one is the bow. I liked the bow, and liked it a lot! And then the game stuck me in a not-so-big room with a boss. That was awful. No armor, barely knew which end of a sword to hold... I really had to use my bow. I ended up dodging and running a lot, and reloading even more. I eventually got through it but wasn't happy at the end of the fight. Please, if you're going to all but require me to learn melee, telegraph it ahead of time. Big, glowing letters in the sky would be ideal.
I hate it when games do that. Horizon Forbidden West has a few boss fights that are similar. Maybe not quite as bad, but you're suddenly in a smallish arena where stealth is not an option.

I think I see the combat you're talking about. If that's the same, it was also coming after a series of fights where you could get severely hurt and didn't have the time to heal before the 'boss fight'. I had to restart 2 times and get better at melee to get past this point. 😅

I'm fine with that. My main concern (apart from the melee with K+M) is the loading screens between the country and the city maps. I hope it won't be too long because it would make players feel as if they had to do a maximum on one side before changing of environment. It also breaks the immersion. In KCD, I liked that I could escape the town any moment and get some fresh air crossing the country with my horse, and that the transition between the two was seamless.

I remember well that fight, was that bloke in the tower, I think it took me maybe six or eight tries to get him down, and even when I did win I barely survived. The bow strategy is pretty lethal in the game.

Back
Top Bottom