No Rest for the Wicked - Remote Development

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gameinformer reports that Moon Studios used remote development for No Rest for the Wicked:

No Rest For The Wicked Developer Moon Studios On Why Remote Development Is Key To Its Success

No Rest for the Wicked is the upcoming action RPG from Moon Studios, the developer behind Ori and the Blind Forest/Will of the Wisps. It's also the game gracing the latest cover of Game Informer. Cover story writer and editor Marcus Stewart and I traveled to Vienna, Austria, to play the game and speak with two of its leads, tech and production director and studio co-founder Gennadiy Korol and studio CEO and creative director Thomas Mahler.

However, while the frosted glass of the front door of the two-story apartment we entered was engraved with the words "Moon Studios", this studio is actually just Mahler's workplace. Korol met us in Vienna for the cover story, but he actually lives in Israel. The rest of Moon Studios lives around the world, because Moon Studios is completely remote - there is no headquarters to report to or central location to work.

While remote development has become more popular as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Moon Studios has been remote since its founding in 2009. When I asked Korol and Mahler about remote development, it's clear it's a big part of the team's winning game development formula, responsible for the aforementioned Ori games and the upcoming No Rest for the Wicked, which launches into Early Access on PC next month.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

They're putting a lot of effort in the game's presentation. I like the style and the atmosphere in this game. I don't like the weird body of the main character, though.

Back
Top Bottom