RPG General News - What's next for Honkai Impact 3rd?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamesradar interviewed the dev team of Honkai Impact 3rd:

What's next for Honkai Impact 3rd, the Genshin Impact dev's original hit RPG: Girl friends, aerial combat, and a "point of entry for newcomers" after 7 years of lore

Interview | Honkai Impact 3rd Part 2 is a comprehensive update for a surprisingly old game

As one of the older gacha games out there, Honkai Impact 3rd can be intimidating. It feels like I was seeing inescapable YouTube ads for this action RPG's launch just yesterday, but the original hit for Genshin Impact developer Hoyoverse is now somehow approaching eight years old. But it also feels a bit like a new game nowadays thanks to its recent Part 2 update, which delivered extensive combat and systemic changes and, most importantly, started a whole story chapter featuring fresh protagonists.

The enormous cast and frankly terrifyingly deep lore of Parts 1 and 1.5 haven't been forgotten, but new leading ladies Senadina, Helia, and Coralie take center stage in a bespoke new space-faring storyline currently orbiting Mars. Part 2 has been billed as an approachable jumping-on point for a game that was getting to be a bit long in the tooth, so as someone who's enjoyed Hoyoverse's more recent games but always skipped Honkai Impact 3rd, I was cautiously optimistic. I was also curious to chat with the devs about what's next for the game, how it got here, its penchant for stories about gals quite simply being good pals, and how it's co-existing with the many other Hoyo games that didn't exist when it launched, especially the loosely paralleled Honkai Star Rail.

GamesRadar+: I've come to think of Part 2 as a soft reboot for Honkai Impact 3rd. Is that accurate in your eyes?

Honkai Impact 3rd development team: This is an update to the existing one, with comprehensive optimization on story lines, combat system, UI design, etc.

I know Honkai Impact 3rd by reputation, and a lot of the praise I hear is related to the previous main character, Kiana. How long have you been planning to move onto an all-new cast with Part 2, and what pushed you to leave Kiana behind?

We always try to provide something new, something exciting, and something [imaginative]. We have been dedicated to creating new content and experiences for both new and avid gamers of Honkai Impact 3rd while inheriting the core spirit of the Honkai franchise.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Back
Top Bottom