BG3 Technical / Accessibility

Baldur's gate 3

Qayto

Sentinel
Husbands old computer (Nvidia 1650) is running the game adequately (Boo, I secretly hoped we would be up the computer shop today buying new things for me him). Due to his hearing impairment he doesn't catch all the dialogue even with subtitles. Subtitles don't stay on the screen long enough. Conversation log unlike the combat log seems to need clicking out to the journal or are we missing something.

Husbands old computer (Nvidia 1650) is running the game adequately (Boo, I secretly hoped we would be up the computer shop today buying new things for me him). Due to his hearing impairment he doesn't catch all the dialogue even with subtitles. Subtitles don't stay on the screen long enough. Conversation log unlike the combat log seems to need clicking out to the journal or are we missing something.
I was also surprised that it didn't work like that. You could fill in a bug report and ask that as a suggestion.

You can press 'J' anytime during a dialogue to see the text. It's not as convenient, but I hope it's a good work-around.

You can also change the opacity of the text background and the size of the text in the settings (from 48 px to 64). Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the colours, which are badly chosen and sometimes very hard to read in the interface in general.

1691222738797.png

Finally, you can also revisit dialogues later in the journal if you missed anything:
  • press 'J' to open the journal
  • select Dialogue
  • select the dialogue on the left
1691222404480.png

Back
Top Bottom