Looking for an Anti-anti oil drilling comic/cartoon...

Drithius

Magic & Loss
I'm tired of overly simplistic anti-oil campaigns, especially the ones that overlook the world's reliance on petrochemical fertilizers and plastics. The out-of-sight, out-of-mind mentality, often steeped in ignorance, is especially infuriating.

I've often wished for a cartoon to convey my thoughts in a more succinct manner. Surely there must be some out there with, say, Greenpeace volunteers libeling Shell while going home at the end of the day to their cheap oil/coal fueled electricity grid. Or what about some idealistic 20-somethings protesting oil while guzzling down plastic bottles of water.

What is the connection between the behaviour of those guys and their message?

I failed to see it. They stop drinking out of plastic bottles and what? Nothing happens.

If they change the paradigm, in the end, they have to stop drinking out of plastic bottles.

Causes and effects. Or something like that.

i'm tired of people who mask their hate for others who are willing to make sacrafices to make the earth a lasting planet for the future with anectodal bullshit. true the world is full of those cases, for--everything.

for the record i almost always drink out of a canteen, i participate in a "greenergy" program with our "public" utility which provides the option for $6 extra a month to power all of my electricity by renewable sources. to me it doesn't get much simpler than that. i do compute by car to work, but any other way would add a couple hours to my 20 minute commute. being honest with the sacrafices you can make goes a lot farther than the typical route of people simply not caring or even worse jumping on the ignorance bandwagon and pointing out all the flaws in the al gores flying across the world consuming jet fuel as a cowards way out of doing nothing themselves.

oh and this probably isn't the cartoon your looking for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDUK-Mwpb58

Back
Top Bottom