Elminage Gothic - Leveling Up + Inventory Management

D

Deleted User

I'm back with another video and newsbit, this time it's my 300th YouTube video!
smiley-smile.gif
In the video, I take a look at the dungeon-crawler RPG, Elminage Gothic, and how it handles the level-up process, as well as inventory management and how the game deals with trade.

Hello everyone!

In this video, we take a look at the classicaly-styled dungeon-crawler RPG, Elminage Gothic!

I mainly show off the leveling up process in this video, as well as the buying and selling aspects of the game, how to manage items and using the intuitive controls and inventory features! It may look pretty clunky, but once you get used to the control layout it is quite efficient and nice to use!
More information.

Happy 300th video!! :)

It is really great that you show these gameplay videos of small developers and teams like this and Serpent In The Staglands for example (did not comment there but loved the vids, very informative and fun stuff), and others.
Keep up the good work, or should I say a good play. :)

Have you played "Last Dream"? It's a JRPG also. I'm in a few hours and I like it. It's simple but at the moment that is what I need.
Wonder what you think about that one. If you know it. :)

Have you played "Last Dream"? It's a JRPG also. I'm in a few hours and I like it. It's simple but at the moment that is what I need.

Last Dream is a shameless rip-off of the SNES Final Fantasy titles, but it's not bad for what it is. I played for a few hours and actually enjoyed it despite having virtually zero interest in those kinds of games nowadays. It's 99% nostalgia, but that's ok. :)

Thanks for the kind comment, Black Rune! :party: It's my pleasure to show off these lesser-known titles.

I haven't played Last Dream yet, but it's been on my Steam wishlist for awhile now. I actually forgot all about it! Thanks for the reminder. I will have to pick it up sometime and give it some time. It definitely looks like it will be right up my alley. :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next 300 videos I can make and bring you guys! Remember, you can tell a friend about my channel if you want to help me grow a bit. Word of mouth can be powerful and I'll need it if I want to get another 500 subscribers!

Oh, and I just hit 500 subscribers the same time this video posted, so it's kind of a double celebration for me. :D :celebrate:

I'm not the biggest JRPG fan, but every now and then there is a gem worth playing. This looks like it has a deeper combat system than most and I also quite like the dungeon crawling aspect.

It's on my wishlist now! Also, thanks for the informing vids, Fluent!

Last Dream is a shameless rip-off of the SNES Final Fantasy titles, but it's not bad for what it is. I played for a few hours and actually enjoyed it despite having virtually zero interest in those kinds of games nowadays. It's 99% nostalgia, but that's ok. :)

Oh, rip-off sounds a bit harsh. It is a spiritual successor to FF games and other NES and SNES games. It is inspired by them, says right in the game manual. :)

I'm not the biggest JRPG fan, but every now and then there is a gem worth playing. This looks like it has a deeper combat system than most and I also quite like the dungeon crawling aspect.

It's on my wishlist now! Also, thanks for the informing vids, Fluent!

You're welcome, Darkheart! :party:

The game doesn't really "feel" like a JRPG, at least, it probably won't feel like one to a newcomer to JRPGs. Other than the colorful art style of the enemies, and perhaps a very basic translation, there really aren't many JRPG-ish things about it.

Maybe forgottenlor can correct me and tell me how wrong I am about it, and that it *does*, in fact, feel very much like a JRPG, but it really didn't feel very Japanese to me. It just feels like a hardcore dungeon-crawler RPG with very surreal enemies and a dark atmosphere. :thinking:

You're welcome, Darkheart! :party:

The game doesn't really "feel" like a JRPG, at least, it probably won't feel like one to a newcomer to JRPGs. Other than the colorful art style of the enemies, and perhaps a very basic translation, there really aren't many JRPG-ish things about it.

Maybe forgottenlor can correct me and tell me how wrong I am about it, and that it *does*, in fact, feel very much like a JRPG, but it really didn't feel very Japanese to me. It just feels like a hardcore dungeon-crawler RPG with very surreal enemies and a dark atmosphere. :thinking:

I would agree Fluent. The gameplay mechanics having nothing to do with JRPGs, they are very similar to Wizardry and 2nd edition Dungeons and Dragons. Its only the artwork and the text which betrays the game as being Japanese.

Glad I'm not alone in thinking that! :party:

The artwork is actually really great, though, and I like fighting monsters and then viewing them in the Monster Encyclopedia. That's a pretty cool feature. :)

Back
Top Bottom