Prey - Everything you need to know

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Invasion has gathered all the information available on Prey into one handy resource.

Prey is a first-person shooter with RPG elements being developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is a reimagining of the first Prey released back in 2006. It is not a sequel or a remake and has no ties with the original or the cancelled sequel, Prey 2. It's said to have more of a psychological thriller than straight out horror atmosphere.

• First Person Shooter with RPG elements
  • Play as male or female called Morgan Yu
  • Takes place on Talos 1 Space Station
  • Hunted by aliens
  • Must discover who you are why you're there
  • Crafting of weaponry and kit
  • Releasing in 2017
In a groundhog day type series of scenes, in one video, Morgan examines himself in the bathroom mirror but as the scene repeats itself he has mysteriously developed a bloodshot eye. We know the alien powers are administered through a Physchoscope via the eyeball so this is likely the cause of that bloody eye. He clearly doesn't remember how it became bloodshot.

You play as Morgan Yu living on the Talos 1 space station in 2032 which orbits the moon . Mysterious experiments are being carried out by Transtar to harness alien powers to improve humanity but things have gone awry. From video and text interviews with Arkane Studios it looks like Morgan is one of the recipients of such powers, willingly or unwillingly is not yet clear.

Backstory

Even though there is no tie-in with the original Prey the premise is the same to a degree. You are again being hunted by alien beings, however, you begin this game waking not knowing who you are, why you are where you are or what's happened to you.
More information.

Never cared about the old game.
While interesting, this reboot with apparently different designs lacks of the most important info.

Do trashmobs respawn? If they do, is this Planescape:Torment 2 where you also have a godlike ability to respawn? In fact lemme rephrase the question.
Is it yet another grinder?

It sound more like Bioshock in space with way more funkier powers and weapons (which I guess means a goofy System Shock). There is a trailer where it shows the play character turn itself into a coffee cup.

everything looks generic, even the game cover is copy-paste from hl2 :lol:

If they can make a good atmosphere in the game then I'm sure I'll like it :)

everything looks generic, even the game cover is copy-paste from hl2 :lol:

the false marketing is strong in this one. On a side note i Heard avellone is on the story?

The first one was pretty good if somewhat repetitious. I was excited about the concepts of the sequel and was disappointed when they canceled it.

I don't get why they're even using the same title if this has nothing to do with the original. Why not just call it something else entirely?

The premise of the first game was interesting. This one, not so much.

I'm marking this post - will be useable when the game gets released.
It'll end with "yea, you told us so" or "you suck". :p

I don't get why they're even using the same title if this has nothing to do with the original. Why not just call it something else entirely?

I guess they assume that the name will help with marketing.

pibbur who, based on previous experiences hopes the game arrives at least before Grimoire.

lol it will , considering Grimoire is a scam

Back
Top Bottom