Cleveland!!!

D

Deleted User

Congrats to the Cleveland Cavaliers for winning the 2016 NBA Championship!!!

Heck of a game the whole way! The entire cast for the Cavs stepped up in one way or another these playoffs.

First championship for the city in sports in I think 52 years? Awesome to see!! :)

Yeah, it was great!

That LeBron block was insane. Biggest play in the game for me.

The Kyrie game-winning 3 wasn't bad, either! :D

This is where I should complain and remind everyone that NBA (which I don't bother looking up) is about american sports and therefore of little interest to us Europeans.

But I won't. :)

Now, if this was cricket...

pibbur who appreciates every opportunity to be the grumpy old man he wants to be.

PS.
Now, if this was cricket... Wouldn't change anything.
DS.

Hm, cricket… Is that a chirping contest? ;)

Could be. The thing is on principle incomprehensible.

pibbur who believes an ozzie, an Engilshman, others or two will now stand up, claiming they know what it's all about. Liars.

Could be. The thing is on principle incomprehensible.

pibbur who believes an ozzie, an Engilshman, others or two will now stand up, claiming they know what it's all about. Liars.

@ pibbur - that sounds like the the start of a joke … "An Aussie, A Pom and someone else walk into a bar …."

Or you are English… "an Englishman, a convict and someone else walk into a bar …."

@eye - cricket is an old and much loved game that has more recently been bathed in the dreadful oceans of gambling & TV rights. (Hmm, sounds like any other game with more than 1 fan ���� although luckily it doesn't have much fan violence )

Last edited:
Living in Ohio it was crazy after the game. Fireworks were going off in my neighborhood. I still watched Game of Thrones and then watched the 4th quarter of the game. Battle of the Bastards lived up to the hype just like the game :)

NBA has gone global in some ways, but not totally. Yet. It is huge in China, and there are many European basketball players as well as European leagues and basketball leagues in many major countries. There are also record amounts of NBA players now from all over the world, including Europe, Africa, etc.

Hopefully the game continues to grow because it really is a wonderful game to both play and watch.

Yeah, it was awesome! I am from Akron (about 45 minutes south of Cleveland and Lebrons hometown), but, currently living in Columbus. We have been waiting a long, long time. It was well worth the wait. There was a reported 10,000 people at the airport waiting for the Cavs plane. And i heard on the radio that they are expecting 800,000 people for the parade.

Amazing, DarNoor! Congrats!!! :)

I lived in Akron for 6 years. Loved it and in many ways I miss it to this day. The people I met there were so nice and kind for the most part.

What makes this championship special to me is that I followed LeBron for his entire career, but I even lived across from a basketball court he built and dedicated to the city on East Ave. in Akron! All the kids from the neighborhood would play there and we'd have great times.

I have fond memories of great competition and making friends there. We all loved basketball and it brought us all together.

I also have fond memories of gaining respect from the local ballers with my play, as well as wearing with a lot of pride the nicknames they'd throw at me such as "Paul Pierce", "Dirk Nowitzki", "Kobe", etc. When someone approached me and said, "Damn! You got that Kobe fadeaway down pat. What grade you in and what school you go to?" etc. and I was 23 years old! haha. Good times, man.

I'll never forget that court and the people I met there. Basketball is truly a great way to bring people together.

Back
Top Bottom