WTF is Sunless Sea?

Sunless Sea: interested yet??

• To be frank, Aubrielle's column did it for me already (my name isnt Frank btw)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yes, and thank you Sammy for turning me on to this vid

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, still not feeling it.

• No, and quit posting lame Totalbiscuit vids.

• Total voters
Bought both games yesterday from GoG (Sunless sea & This war of mine) and I'm baffled ! Sunless sea, I just scratched the surface while creating my first captain but I'm in love already. The narrative and visual style is wonderful and so promising ! I've gone a bit farther with TWoM and absolutely love it ! That's a bit repetitive as TB says in his vidtest but I'm in love with that kind of gameplay anyway. My first team's already dead after two weeks but I've generated a second one already and intend to make them see the end of this war ! These two games already got me addicted, i think that'll gonna end like it ended with Space rangers 2 and I won't have any social life until next summer, at least. That's that good ! :)

Yeah I'm really impressed with Failbetter. They took the pretty interesting lore they developed for a browser title (Fallen London) and leveraged into a very solid and unique feeling game. I'm looking forward to see what they do next.

I watched the vid and I liked it. Then he got to the combat. And it sucked. So I dunno really, maybe they should have ditched the combat completely or maybe he just hasn't got the hang of how combat can be enjoyable. Anyway, I didn't vote but look forward to some more reviews of folks here who have been tempted. Edit: also, seems like there's a whole heap of random going on, that rogue-like element, and I'm pretty bored of the whole concept of RNG made tedious recently.

Back
Top Bottom