Risen 2 Risen 2 from Good old games : Where can I get the latest patch?

The Wanderer

in paths untrodden
Hello.

Bought the game friday.
I see that it's the 1.0.0 version.
I want the latest patch but cant find it anywhere. I think it's the 1.10 one.
The Risen 2 webpage doesn't want to let me find it either. Maybe it's because of my scriptblocker addon but I let everything to allow.

Found an unofficial patch at world of players. Version .5 iirc. Is it a safe patch?

Can anyone guide me to the official 1.10 please?

I want to dodge them boars when they charge at me instead of being impaled up my arse by their puny tusks when I turn around to flee them…

Thanks for all the help!

Never heard about any unofficial patch since PC version of Risen 2 had a patch that fixes most of issues. GOG game, no matter what does it say, should be prepatched. It's easy to know if it is patched or not - the patched game allows you to dodge!
To test if you can dodge (with the weapon drawn out), do this:
double press the arrow keys while holding the right mouse button / goose-mode Y + stick right / left / back to controller
If you can't dodge, please do post again.

There is a thing not in the patch that annoyed some ppl, and that's baloonlike jungle. If you also hate inflating and deflating trees (I actually loved it), find Risen 2 antiwarp mod and install it.

Last edited:
Hello.
Never heard about any unofficial patch since PC version of Risen 2 had a patch that fixes most of issues.
There is one indeed. Unofficial patch v 0.5. Should it be used?
GOG game, no matter what does it say, should be prepatched. It's easy to know if it is patched or not - the patched game allows you to dodge!
I guess it is because I can. Rolling around gets a little getting used too though.
Killed the 1rst jaguar also.
There is a thing not in the patch that annoyed some ppl, and that's baloonlike jungle. If you also hate inflating and deflating trees (I actually loved it), find Risen 2 antiwarp mod and install it.

K. Thought I had hallucinated some inflated branches that returned to a normal size as I got closer. I found that funny. I'll let it be for the time being.

So it's a closed case. Game appears to be patched after all.

Thanks for the info.

I forgot about bugs I was writing back then (there are my posts about those here on the forum and also on Deep Silver forum), but I do remember that this was definetly not corrected with the official patch:
- The potion "Fool's juice" has its own icon and can be sold like the other permanent
potions. Additionally the SortID has been corrected.
The official patch did add the potion in the game, but it had no icon so in the end it was useless.
Since this unofficial patch fixes that among some other things, then yes, you should use the unofficial patch too.

Yep the unofficial patch is quite usefull as it fixes few annoying quest, item and skill related bugs which piranha bytes left unfixed.

So yes its very stable and safe to install. I for example didn't have any issues with it.

Thanks for the info.

Now I neep help to install that damned patch.
I can't seem to be able to get the installer to accept the destination folder of my risen2 laucher. The Accept button does not get clickable.

Has this happened to someone before?
How can I get it to accept?

So I guess it was broken because I got another one at an Itlalian webpage and it worked instantly.

Rpgzone.

I like the game so far.

I managed to kill some savages but soon after was impaled by a trap Rambo style!
I love this!

Now I am off the watch the Habs kick some TB tuches!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

Now I neep help to install that damned patch.
I can't seem to be able to get the installer to accept the destination folder of my risen2 laucher. The Accept button does not get clickable.

Has this happened to someone before?
How can I get it to accept?

So I guess it was broken because I got another one at an Itlalian webpage and it worked instantly.

Rpgzone.

I like the game so far.

I managed to kill some savages but soon after was impaled by a trap Rambo style!
I love this!

Now I am off the watch the Habs kick some TB tuches!

Yeah those traps are there it seems to kill you for not having your thumb over the spacebar - always seemed to run across one while I was scratching my nose. Luckily I think the other level designers hated them and so they rarely appear after the first island or two, if at all.

bump, does the unofficial patch change the game's version number? Mine hasn't changed after installing. But it didn't ask me for a directory anyway. Does it work with the Steam version?

Sorry I never played with the unofficial patch, but it's easy to test if it's applied on the first island you go from Caldera.

At the bottom of patch notes says this:
- One can still provoke Riley ("Red bandana") after having failed at the first
attempt. [^]

So, when you meet Riley (will happen soon after you arrive, at the plantation), save the game, try to provoke him, make sure you fail (remove statboosting equipment) then try to talk to him again and check if you can retry the provocation. If you can, the unofficial patch is installed.

I have the uninstallation file in my Steam directory so I guess it's applied.

Let me say whoah. I hated Gothic 1&2 but I'm hooked on Risen 2. Never played a Risen game before. This makes me look forward to the next PB offering.

I have the uninstallation file in my Steam directory so I guess it's applied.

Let me say whoah. I hated Gothic 1&2 but I'm hooked on Risen 2. Never played a Risen game before. This makes me look forward to the next PB offering.

Since I just started Risen 3 (maybe 10 hours in) I can tell you that it's sooo much better than Risen 2. So far there are leagues between these two games.

Not quite. It's like saying you hate a proper hamburger but love McDonalds hamburger. :p

I'm playing Risen 2 and I just forgot to do the obvious first: looking for an unnoficial patch :)

Can anyone tell me if the Unnoficial Patch latest version is really 0.5 ? I 've read that, should I apply it, I don't need to restart the game. I'm still on Tacarigua, I've yet to talk to Captain Steelbeard, so I'm early into the game.

EDIT: This specific thread's title mentions GOG version but I'm playing the Steam version. Is there any difference regarding the appyling of the Unnoficial Patch?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm playing Risen 2 and I just forgot to do the obvious first: looking for an unnoficial patch :)

Can anyone tell me if the Unnoficial Patch latest version is really 0.5 ? I 've read that, should I apply it, I don't need to restart the game. I'm still on Tacarigua, I've yet to talk to Captain Steelbeard, so I'm early into the game.

EDIT: This specific thread's title mentions GOG version but I'm playing the Steam version. Is there any difference regarding the appyling of the Unnoficial Patch?

Thanks in advance!

Yes as far as I know, it is the final version.

More information about the patch can be found: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1154440-release-Risen-2-Unofficial-Patch

English changelog is in the second post by the way. Also in that same thread the maker of this unofficial patch was asked if he was going to release an updated version, he replied that he had moved on and is unlikely to return to Risen 2 modding ever.

As for Gog vs Steam, there shouldn't be any difference aside the install paths. I'm having a steam version and I recall the patch working flawlessly with it. :)

As for restarting the game, I think it would be safer that way. Atleast some fixes would not work unless you started a new game.

Yes as far as I know, it is the final version.

More information about the patch can be found: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1154440-release-Risen-2-Unofficial-Patch

English changelog is in the second post by the way. Also in that same thread the maker of this unofficial patch was asked if he was going to release an updated version, he replied that he had moved on and is unlikely to return to Risen 2 modding ever.

As for Gog vs Steam, there shouldn't be any difference aside the install paths. I'm having a steam version and I recall the patch working flawlessly with it. :)

As for restarting the game, I think it would be safer that way. Atleast some fixes would not work unless you started a new game.

Thanks, @Dez;.

In the forum, it's advertised we do not need to start a whole new game. I'm still thinking if I will do that or not....

Thanks, @Dez;.

In the forum, it's advertised we do not need to start a whole new game. I'm still thinking if I will do that or not….

Ah actually you're correct. It is indeed stated there that a new game is not required. I just haven't patched my game that way. Hopefully it goes smoothly! :)

Back
Top Bottom