MLB Playoff Baseball

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Time for the playoffs again. Recently, my local team, the St. Louis Cardinals seem to go every year. I can't believe they made it this year, with all of the injuries. We lost our ace pitcher, 3-hole hitter, 4-hole hitter, setup guy and another pitcher to various ouchies. All of these were at least a month long and a few were season long.

It's fun to see a few new entries to the fray. The Cubs have finally made it and I expect them to be in the playoff picture for several years. The Pond Scum, also known as the Mets, have also made it after several years off.

In the American league, Houston of all teams, has made it back to the playoffs. These guys were just horrible a few years ago. Nobody wants to face Toronto, so I'd be cool with one of the AL teams knocking them off in case the Cards actually win the crap-shoot known as the playoffs.

The Cardinals were the best overall team all throughout the season, but that doesn't mean much in a short series. They've been in the playoffs enough to know that the hot team is gonna win it all.

Somebody else can discuss their team :)

I loved seeing the Yankees lose tonight, and they didn't even score a run. :)

I see Toronto winning the AL pennant this year, but I don't have a clue about the National League. I'd like to see the Cubs pull an upset though.

The Yanks pulled a classic 'Red Sox Fade' and so it was only fitting that the former Sox player (Ellsbury) they are massively overpaying sat out the game ... :)

My Pirates have the 2nd best record in the league but they just HAD to be in the same division as the Cards....grrrrrr.....:shakefist:

Anyhow, the Pirates/Cubs wildcard game tonight should be a good one, although I am pretty scared of Arrieta.

My Pirates have the 2nd best record in the league but they just HAD to be in the same division as the Cards….grrrrrr…..:shakefist:

Anyhow, the Pirates/Cubs wildcard game tonight should be a good one, although I am pretty scared of Arrieta.

My team is the Pirates too. It feels strange saying that with pride... for about 20 years I tried to blur the word when asked.
- What's your team?
- 'The phrathes'
- What?
- The.. oh, look! it's Scarlett Johanson in a tiny bikini walking just outside!

Unfortunately for the Pirates, their new era happened at the same time as the Cardinals'. This year was even worse, the 3 best records in both the NL and the AL were in the same division.

Today we're playing the Cubs, it's pretty much a fancy way of flipping a coin. Best of luck for both teams! (but a tiny more luck to my Pirates).

I'd rather face the Pirates than the Cubs, so I'm rooting for them too. Both teams are great, but my wife is a Cub fan and if we lost to them in the playoffs, I'd hear it for the rest of my life; regardless of how much better the Cardinals have been throughout history.

I am so sick of Toronto, I hope they lose in straight games. Toronto is the worst sports city with all the people jump on and off the wagon. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirates win.

Yes I just flipped over to the game, was watching the opening night in NHL.

The Pirates can't ever seem to get very far when they do make it to the playoffs. Well, at least Arrieta has pitched already. My Cards won't face him in games 1 or 2. Lackey vs Lester for game 1 should be fun.

My Pirates have the 2nd best record in the league but they just HAD to be in the same division as the Cards….grrrrrr…..:shakefist:

And I was right to be scared of Arrieta. He pretty thoroughly shut us down last night. Oh well, better luck next year Buccos. They've got the pieces in place to be an October baseball team for a few years to come at least.

My team is the Pirates too. It feels strange saying that with pride… for about 20 years I tried to blur the word when asked.
- What's your team?
- 'The phrathes'
- What?
- The.. oh, look! it's Scarlett Johanson in a tiny bikini walking just outside!

I know how you feel. Prior to this recent surge, I was actually in little league the last time the Pirates had a winning season, let alone made the playoffs. Now I'm in my mid thirties.

It was a hard to be a Pirates fan for a long while there.

The Pirates can't ever seem to get very far when they do make it to the playoffs. Well, at least Arrieta has pitched already. My Cards won't face him in games 1 or 2. Lackey vs Lester for game 1 should be fun.

Should be a good series. It's hard for me to choose, but I have to say I think I'll be rooting for the Cardinals.

Well, congratz to the Cubs. Hope they finally win their Championship.

I was thinking that this Wild Card game system favors teams that have one very good pitcher (and 3 sucky ones) over ones with a more balanced pitching rotation, since it's one game instead of a series.

The Back to the Future prediction is on course :) Hopefully, the Cardinals will put the hex on that...

I am so sick of Toronto, I hope they lose in straight games. Toronto is the worst sports city with all the people jump on and off the wagon. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirates win.

Doesn't that count for all cities? People jump into their local team when they are good and forget about them when they are bad.

Toronto and Texas going into extra innings tied at 4 right now. I'd say this is a must-win situation for the Blue Jays.

GO RED SOX!!!!!

... oh, wait ...

Nice comeback by Kansas City today.

These playoffs have been crazy so far. Whatever happened to home-field advantage?

The worst thing is going to happen!!!!
Worst than if the Jays had won in 3 straight. If they come back and end up winning this it, I will have to take holidays instead of seeing customers.

WOW THE JAYS, Did you see the Jays, even last night at my place the whole family was here. I work in the Toronto are, it is going to be sickening...

Back
Top Bottom