BioShock - Coming to Ipad and Iphone

aries100

SasqWatch
2K, the publisher of the Bioshcok game has announced that Bioshock will be coming for Ipad and iPhone this summer. A quote about the controls:

The touch-screen adaption of the controls, surprisingly, works well for navigating the game's underwater world and switching between weapons and powers. But, at least after the short play session I spent with this build, it's not quite fine-tuned enough for combat on the harder difficulties. Movement on the left side of the screen works fine -- wherever you place your thumb, a virtual analgo stick appears, which ensures that you won't unexpectedly stop moving just because your hand placement adjusted. But having both shooting and aiming tied to the right side of the screen requires you to trade-off between aiming and firing while you strafe arond enemies. It's manageable with a single enemy on screen, but it feels a little frustrating when your juggling multiple foes.
More information.

Talk about a mismatch between game and platform.

What a shock :)

A system shock?

Pibbur who sometimes can't resist himself. And who notices that there are now 5 posts in this thread, and still no posts from the joxer. :)

Talk about a mismatch between game and platform.

What a shock :)

Totally agree - but since the performance should be solid, and we know pretty much exactly what to expect ... we can happily wait for the inevitable $0.99 sale before Christmas.

Totally agree - but since the performance should be solid, and we know pretty much exactly what to expect … we can happily wait for the inevitable $0.99 sale before Christmas.

If I could find a reason to play Bioshock on a tablet - I'd gladly pay more than that.

Trouble is, I can't find that reason.

Is this the Bioshock announcement that was rumored to come from 2K? Is this the project that 2K Marin will be doing? I hope not. Then again, 2K trying to milk the franchise might not be a good thing either.

Too bad Levine disbanded Irational games. Really weird move.

Weird? Not really, if you've followed development of their games - and how his personality was in constant conflict with several members on the team.

It must have been quite draining for everyone involved.

Weird? Not really, if you've followed development of their games - and how his personality was in constant conflict with several members on the team.

It must have been quite draining for everyone involved.

Didn't know that. Well then, I hope he manages to keep his style and flavor with the new team.

Back
Top Bottom