|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity 2 » A hard DVD copy of Divinity 2 :DKS - Where?

Default A hard DVD copy of Divinity 2 :DKS - Where?

April 7th, 2011, 14:39
So is Dutch edition completely in English, including case and manual? How thick is manual anyway? Price for DKS in round 20 pounds plus shipping at the moment in some Dutch online stores.
The copy I got from freerecordshop has the game in English, on an English DVD, with an English manual, in a dual Dutch/French case. Not sure if this is normal for Dutch games….

Manual is, I guess, average sized for an RPG, 40-45 pages.

The River of Time arrived within a few days, but DKS took longer because they were out of stock. I sent them a email about two weeks after I ordered, they apologised for the delay and it took about another week after that for it to arrive.

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

December 30th, 2011, 15:24
Looks like it will finally be released in UK on January 6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/…SIN=B006H0YOW2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Divinity-I…item4cfcf75955

Dark Savant

Sentinel

January 13th, 2012, 10:46
Here is a link to an ebay listing selling them for around 32 US dough-lars. Is a PAL format a problem for computer dvd players? Never thought about it and I don't really know if it's an issue. Doing a search through google has some saying it's fine, others saying it's not. Anyone with a definitive answer?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Divinity-II-…item5891514ea7

We satisfy our endless needs, and justify our bloody deeds, in the name of destiny, and in the name of God.

Icefire

Sentinel
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

January 13th, 2012, 10:48
Originally Posted by Icefire View Post
Here is a link to an ebay listing selling them for around 32 US dough-lars. Is a PAL format a problem for computer dvd players? Never thought about it and I don't really know if it's an issue. Doing a search through google has some saying it's fine, others saying it's not. Anyone with a definitive answer?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Divinity-II-…item5891514ea7
LOL I would certainly hope the game scales above PAL resolution.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

January 13th, 2012, 13:57
I think - although I must say that I'm not an expert - that PAL/NTSC etc. only matters if you use a TV screen.
In conjunction with a console, for example.

So, since this seller writes PAL, maybe it is even safer to ask him or her if the sold games are for console or for PC EVEN THOUGH the picture shows an PC specimen ?

Because TV screens on PCs are … not very common, I think ?
Personally, I don't know a single person who uses TV screens with PCS, but I don't know how it is elsewhere …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

January 13th, 2012, 14:10
He probably only wrtites PAL because he used his standard auction format for a console game.

On the PC you can ignore this. PC hardware is the same everywhere in the world, with the exception of power supplies. PAL/NTSC is irrelevant, unless you're talking about region-locked movie DVDs.
Last edited by Gorath; January 13th, 2012 at 14:35.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

January 15th, 2012, 13:10
Thanks Gorath. I thought it wasn't an issue for the PC, but like I said I never really thought about it until i saw the PAL format in the listing.

We satisfy our endless needs, and justify our bloody deeds, in the name of destiny, and in the name of God.

Icefire

Sentinel
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity 2 » A hard DVD copy of Divinity 2 :DKS - Where?