|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Warhammer Online - White Lion Class Revealed

Default Warhammer Online - White Lion Class Revealed

May 29th, 2008, 19:21
New class, new to the Warhammer IP, revealed on Gamespot.
Amid the death and destruction that will befall the high elf land of Ulthuan when Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning releases later this year, there is a little bit of love. Hailing from the land of Chrace, the newly revealed white lion class will raise a war lion from a baby cub to a valiant beast of war. Players will be able to name their pet, choose distinctive fur patterns, and train it in the art of battle. Eventually, the war lion will grow into a loyal companion on the battlefield, elf's best friend. We sat down with Adam Gershowitz, associate art director and lead of combat and careers on Warhammer Online, to get the skinny on the new white lion class.
Class info on the offical site (Euro) is here.
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 29th, 2008, 19:22
Oh! I like this!

Greymane

SasqWatch

May 30th, 2008, 16:23
I am Adam, prince of Eternia and defender of the secrets of Castle Grey Skull…

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 30th, 2008, 17:01
Originally Posted by woges View Post
I am Adam, prince of Eternia and defender of the secrets of Castle Grey Skull…
Funny 'cause it's true. Anyone remember when Warhammer used to be synonymous with *gothic* fantasy? These days it's more like Heroes of Might & Magic but, unlike the Heroes series, Warhammer isnít supposed to be tongue in cheek. Ah well, I guess I'll just dig up my copy of the Death on the Reik module and remember that IP's glory days.

MudsAnimalFriend

Watchdog

May 30th, 2008, 17:26
I think it's a pity that John Blanche wasn't directly involved but you can still see the influence in places.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 30th, 2008, 21:07
Oh, c'mon. The WH universe does have a bit of tongue in cheek by design, imho. No doubt it's darker and more viscerally brutal than most and has the great central theme that there really aren't any good guys. But you have to admit that the sheer over-the-top nature of their art direction in general and the dark humor pervasive in the material is meant to keep things from taking themselves too seriously, no?

chamr

Mounted Highborn

June 3rd, 2008, 11:47
To an extent, it depends on the source book you're consulting. The Realms of Chaos supplements were uniformly horrific, the rulebook was rather generic and plain, and there were occasional attempts a black humour in The Enemy Within campaign but by and large it was presented completely straight. Regardless of how far the tongue is lodged within the cheek there's a yawning abyss of stinking cheese between old and new canon. I believe the sad faith of Karl Franz best illustrates this difference.

Old canon Karl Franz: A doddery, ineffectual and easily manipulated old man who was elected Emperor precisely because those attributes render him harmless to the independence of the Elector Counts.

New canon Karl Franz: A virile young man who rides around on his mighty griffin smiting foes of the Empire with his magic hammer.

MudsAnimalFriend

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Warhammer Online - White Lion Class Revealed