2012 NHL Playoffs

Pretty surprising. NJ might start getting ideas of winning this thing. Monday is going to be a real battle that's for sure. Good to see Parise finally get a goal too.

LA came to play their game. NJ came to survive another day. NJ wanted it more. LA seem to forget they were playing for the Stanley Cup. That said, LA did press offensively in a way I haven't seen them all playoffs (except on the PK?), but Marty played a stellar game. Did anyone see if Charlie Sheen was at ht the game?

btw, anyone seen the Doughty T-shirt?

doty-bubble03.png

there's one version for sale that has Dody written on the back.

PS - the prediction wuestion was was just that, a question. I was implying anything by that. Anyone predict 3-2 at this point? Anyone think NJ could win it now? If they win Game 6 the momentum will be there's going into 7 methinks. It was odd last year. We were up 3-2 on you guys Todd, but going into game 6 your guys acted like we didn't have a chance.

I highly doubt NJ will take game 6. I give them a 30% chance. If they do though, I give them a 60% chance of taking game 7. It all seems very unlikely though. I don't think anyone has crawled back from a 3-0 deficit. Do I want them to win? Absolutely. I think LA is too explosive though. Those turnovers NJ was handing them in game 5 were lethal. Marty and Parise were simply on fire though. Parise created many opportunities and Marty both played well and got extremely lucky.

Philadelphia did it and got to the finals. The only team to do it in the SCF was TO in 1942. In any major league sport the last one in a final series was the Red Sox against the Yankees.

If LA wins it it will be a slap in the face to Philadelphia who let Mike Richards go and another one to Vancouver for letting hometown hero and future captain Willie Mitchell go to Free Agency for fear of another serious concussion.

list of LA media screw ups so far:

Sacramento Kings Logo
Sacramento Kings Mascot Image
Brad Dody for Mike Doughty
Kopidor for Kopitar
Jonathan Swift instead of Jonathan Quick

there's also an image floating around with Eric Gagne formerly of the Dodgers with the caption "Gagne in for Game 3" on a screen capture. This isn't a real capture - it was just a joke/shop.

I'm going to miss the game actually. Going to see Prometheus. Maybe I'll catch the end of the 3rd period.

People still have VCR's? :)

The ref gave NJ a 5 minute major for boarding only 30 seconds after ignoring a boarding on Gionta. NJ deserved a call but not a major given the Gionta hit. Refs need to stay out of game making calls on something this critical. I hope someone boards Roarke.

My stupid dog ate part of a bottle of Advil so now in addition to being out 2-3K in estimated emergency vet bills I couldn't go see Prometheus. This game ain't no compromise!

Sorry to hear that. I just hope your dog is ok.

4-0 now... this series is over unless something remarkable happens.

Dumb dog appears to be fine. She is being monitored overnight for an arm and a leg. Yeah this game is over for sure. Oh well.

And that's that. Didn't expect the Cup to skate on home ice, but so it goes.

Yep, pretty definitive in the end; think I picked that one too!! :)

Team of destiny.

Well I've never been one to think a team should depend on the officiating. They gave a phantom call back to NJ later in the game. There's still a few marbles in their pockets it seams. Salvador got what he deserved - he just hoped the ref wouldn't call it - its a fast game sure, but he didn't even try for the puck.

The linesman should have got out of the way. I'm sure he won't be in the next game after that one (j/k). On the replay - you see he actually can't get out of the way. Normally they stay on the Blue Line but the play was coming right at him. It was either take down the guy with the puck or the D. Sucks for NJ but these things happen…

Wait.I've never seen that happen.

Also, Marty really stunk up the place tonight. Most of those goals came on the stick side, but a couple of glove side goals came too - especially that last one he had no business letting in.

Corwin, you picked 4-2?

Anyone catch that F bomb by Dustin Brown? No shock he said that to any of us who grew up with hockey players. The FCC ain't going to like that. He should go on tour with Madonna.

Great to see my boy Willie Mitchell skate with the cup. My Canucks let him go for nothing for fear of another concussion.

Any parade in LA planned? Is there's going to be a next season? Cap is up to 73.1 million.

I have to agree that Marty played poorly. The first two goals go to the ref, goal 3 was entirely Marty. By then the game was over. My overall opinion was that Game 6 should have been LA 3-1 instead of 6-1. 3 goals for the officials, but still a loss. LA was just better in the end.

Back
Top Bottom