Risen Vendors not selling "mega" swords past chapter 2?

elkston

Sentinel
Has anyone noticed that weapons dealers such as Oscar & Alvaro seem to have powerful axes / crossbows / shields as the chapters progress, but that swords seem to halt after chapter 2?

I am in chapter 4 and notice that neither Oscar nor Alvaro (haven't cheked the Monastery guy) have anything more powerful than a "Sharp Two Hander" (60 dmg I think).

And yet they have killer axes such as the Raven's Beak.

Now granted, you can find powerful swords that are not for sale and this is indeed what I have done. But I am wondering if this is a bug of some kind. I also wonder if it might have to do with inventory size. I notice that vendors keep everything that you sell to them, even across chapters. I have sold Oscar and Alvaro a boatload of various swords that I pick up in battle. I wonder if there is some hard limit on the number of weapon "classes" in a vendor's inventory and if they reach this, new items will not be shown until space is made.

The other possibility is that this is intentional and is meant to balance out the presence of the smithing skill (while nothing comparable exists for axes and other melee weapons). Also, like I said there are definitely powerful swords to find outside of vendors — either in parts to smith or readymade for you to take. So it's not like this is ruining the fun.

Indeed, you need smithing to get access to the best swords. Also, you can find some great ones.

Back
Top Bottom