Sword Coast Legends - Delayed

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Sword Coast Legends will be a bit longer than expected. Its late September PC release has been set back to October 20 for extra polish, with console versions launching in Q1 2016.

Could it be that the game was a bit rough around the edges? Initiative roll failed.

More information.

I am not too happy with what i've been reading on various forums. Going to sit out until reviews come along.

Good move but probably should move it back further to add more featues.

I am surprised it isn't as well pushed back until next year. I have always stood by I thought it would be an okay game. I am going to hold off until on it now for a year after its release.

Reception to a delay on forums is almost 100% positive from the 7 or so pages of the thread I looked at.

I am very much from the release "when it's ready" school and despise the practice of slavishly sticking to a date nevermind what state the product is in. It's counter productive.

-kaos

I am a big fan of Worlds of Magic... but it's release was very premature and it is still struggling to get to the point I would consider finished.

Release dates make it difficult at times.
I am very much looking forward to this product!

I'm pretty certain that the single player campaign will be good but not sure how in-depth the DM tools will be to satisfy the expectations they set for them.

I played quite a bit and i really liked the way it looks and plays. Character creation/development is quite good (although missing some race/classes), ability trees are pretty nice and extensive with different paths to choose from and the gameplay is pretty decent as well . It does need some time to get polished all around though, so it was a good call

I'm not sure why they can't release the english version now and worry about the polish, later.

:biggrin:

Oh well - this was already coming in the midst of a busy game season, still true. Hope this works for them.

Oh well - this was already coming in the midst of a busy game season, still true. Hope this works for them.

POE did and it worked for them a year later and I think the game is even more buggy. I started a reply with the DLC and put it in the back burner until patch 1000.00 is out.

witcher 3 addon, age of decadence, wasteland 2 dir cut, original sin ee in october, dont know what they were thinking haha; but i think this is not the final delay :p

A better option would have been early access not this head start crap

Any RPG fans here with experience in the preview weekends? The game sounds like a mess right now - I've read numerous reflections that it's a terrible adaptation of 5E, and videos make it look like it's really unsuitable for any DM'ing that involves narrative and/or non-combat gameplay (vs. straight-up dungeoneering).

I pre-ordered for the (minor) discount, but I'm on the fence about cancelling.

Any RPG fans here with experience in the preview weekends? The game sounds like a mess right now - I've read numerous reflections that it's a terrible adaptation of 5E, and videos make it look like it's really unsuitable for any DM'ing that involves narrative and/or non-combat gameplay (vs. straight-up dungeoneering).

Cancel it and buy it again in 6 months when it is patched up and on Steam sale. By then if it survives there should be well done player made campaigns as well.

I'm guessing SirJames had access to it, and I'm surprised we haven't heard his feedback yet.

POE did and it worked for them a year later and I think the game is even more buggy. I started a reply with the DLC and put it in the back burner until patch 1000.00 is out.

Exactly, and as one who is playing PoE right now their Patch 2.01 is a massive mess as the official Obsidian Board Forums have pointed out repeatedly (I'm running it with Patch 2.0 and certain spells just don't work: the developers have known about this for some time -- as per a Developer's recent post on their forums -- but have failed to address it). Now they have Patch 2.02 beta and new problems have cropped up.

Personally, I am glad to see a company look at the community play testing, receive information BOTH good and not so good and take the time to work on the bugs, issues, and content. n-Space is working very hard to release a good product so I don't see this as an initiative fail at all. The fail would have been major if they went and released it on September 29th.

As for this not being exactly 5e in rule sets. NO video D&D game has ever exactly represented the rule set it was based on.

As for this not being exactly 5e in rule sets. NO video D&D game has ever exactly represented the rule set it was based on.
Right, but this one feels closer to an action RPG than any of the D&D games before. That not necessary a bad thing but it's not what is expected when someone markets a game as D&D.

Back
Top Bottom