Risen Obsidian Blade

Akimbo

Watcher
Is it only possible to make One handed Obsidian swords? :(

you can make obsidian bastard sword and two handed sword aswel

i think 2 handed sword is only availible in chapter 4

That is correct masmune, you can get 2H blades for 12 ore and 30 gold in chapter 4.

*sigh* that's what I hate about Risen, by then it'll be even more pointless to forge one than it was in chapter 2 -_-

*sigh* that's what I hate about Risen, by then it'll be even more pointless to forge one than it was in chapter 2 -_-

Essentially correct, sadly.

Then again, PB never really understood gear and how to deal with that aspect of gameplay appeal. It's one of their weaknesses - of which there aren't many, imo.

I didn't find the obsidian blades pointless. They are the second best swords of their type in the game, next to the titan blades. I used them nearly the whole game from the time I could forge them.

Second best ( which they're not I don't think ) -is- pointless when better is easily available earlier.

I didn't find the obsidian blades pointless. They are the second best swords of their type in the game, next to the titan blades. I used them nearly the whole game from the time I could forge them.

I agree, the obsidian blade was quire usefull to me.

The bastard obsidian is the strongest sword in chapter 3, bar souldrinker which isn´t that easily acquired and titan sword which you acquire at the very end of the chapter.

In chapter 4, the only sword stronger than obsidian two-hander is Titanwing and that one isn¨t that easy to find, plus you may stumble upon it late into the chapter, depending on your progress.

Unless I´ve missed something, at least for the first playthrough obsidian swords are indeed useful.

However, I definitely agree that the gear variety in Risen is somewhat lacking.
Leather helmet ftw.

Back
Top Bottom