Mount & Blade games

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Is there any good reason to still purchase the original Mount & Blade, or does M&B: Warband make that obsolete? I'd be playing single-player only.

Also, How do Warband and With Fire & Sword compare to each other?

In general it makes the original obsolete but the series are renown for great mods. You can find most of them on the official forums and there are a few good ones that only can be played with the original game. Fire and sword felt inferior and doesn't have nearly the same modding community. I'd just buy Warband if I were you. Once you have tried the vanilla you should check out prophesy of pendor!

And of course, Floris (for Warband) totally revamps and improves the game. I'd suggest trying that one out as well. :)

Yeah...I bought a pack of the original M&B, Warband, and Fire and Sword, and I wish someone had told me to just buy Warband. M&B is curiously empty and devoid of most of the features and gameplay you will come to love in Warband. Imho, Warband is the only one you need.

I played M&B original for ages and I loved it.
The mods were amazing, but when Warband came into play it probably did make almost all good modders move to the Warband scene.

I'd recommend Warband too, but I haven't played much of that...
So I can't recommend any mods really.

Is there any good reason to still purchase the original Mount & Blade, or does M&B: Warband make that obsolete? I'd be playing single-player only.

You're aware that it's primarily a sandbox with little in the way of story content, right?

From what I remember from my M&B binge a few months ago, Warband is the one most people say is best. It's been years since I played the first one, but I don't remember Warband missing anything it had.

Just get Warband. It is effectively a more enhanced, improved and augmented version of the original in all possible ways.

One more thing: have a great adventure.

Thanks for the opinions. I picked up Warband and Fire & Sword.

You're aware that it's primarily a sandbox with little in the way of story content, right?

Sounds like a Bethesda game. ;)

Jk. Yeah, I remember playing a demo of the original game a long time ago. I've been wanting to try the newer titles for some time now. I'm not sure if they're for me, but there wasn't anything to lose with the price I paid.

The only problem will be trying to find the time to actually play them.

Thanks for the opinions. I picked up Warband and Fire & Sword.

Sounds like a Bethesda game. ;)

Jk. Yeah, I remember playing a demo of the original game a long time ago. I've been wanting to try the newer titles for some time now. I'm not sure if they're for me, but there wasn't anything to lose with the price I paid.

The only problem will be trying to find the time to actually play them.

Well, I think they're great games just as long as you can do without the story. I, personally, can't enjoy pure sandboxes like that anymore - so I thought I'd warn you.

I remember discovering this about myself after playing Frontier back in 1991 or so. It was absolutely amazing for a while, but I suddenly realised that I couldn't figure out why I was actually playing. I kept looking for a reason beyond simply expanding my wealth, and I couldn't find it.

Since then, I've found that I need some kind of main story to enjoy my sandboxes, if only to find a meaningful end to them.

But to each his own.

Can you play Warband in single player? I read that is MP. Thanks.

Warband is definitely SP; that's the only way I play it.

With an MP option, of course.

Last edited:
Warband single play is great but since the family now has it we are all playing sieges in multiplayer.I hope the sequel has destructible environments and siege machines.
Just dont ruin it and sell it to facebook or EA.

Back
Top Bottom