What Codex moron got banned and why?

They like to make diatribes about how rotten everyone else is, but they can't stand when someone points out some of their hypocrisies.
That's the case all over the net, not sure why the Codex would be different. I think they pride themselves over that they can be as vitriolic and brutally blunt or offensive as they want, not that the site is some anarchic dream house. I can't take that shit, I'd rather deal with the snide passive-aggressive assholes over here.

There should be some sort of forum for RPGs that is welcoming to traditional folks from abrahamic religions that aren't pinko liberals or any other flavour of the atheist swines. Like a safe zone or something, where you can talk theology without being harassed.

That's the case all over the net, not sure why the Codex would be different. I think they pride themselves over that they can be as vitriolic and brutally blunt or offensive as they want, not that the site is some anarchic dream house. I can't take that shit, I'd rather deal with the snide passive-aggressive assholes over here.

There should be some sort of forum for RPGs that is welcoming to traditional folks from abrahamic religions that aren't pinko liberals or any other flavour of the atheist swines. Like a safe zone or something, where you can talk theology without being harassed.

I do think you are right in most respects. Bluntness and moral looseness is definitely their marque de commerce. It is when you begin to criticize that behavior that there is pushback, hence why I was always reviled by most. I spent four years trying to get some of them to repent, all the while trying to never engage in the insolent behavior they thrive by. Or at least I wanted to give them something to think about.

I forgave them instantly though, and still pray daily for them.

Thing is - "welcoming to traditional folks from abrahamic religions" is certainly something true here ... I have found that people here in general are inherently accepting so long as the discourse is respectful.

However, once you show that YOU are not welcoming of other opinions, saying "pinko liberals or any other flavour of the atheist swines" ... THAT is the problem. No religion is inherently superior ... nor is the lack of religion inferior. Political leanings, conservative, moderate or liberal are simply different viewpoints - we have disagreements, have heated debates, but they aren't 'better' or 'worse'.

Codex used to be like that. I mean, people like HHR get along well even with the most glaring nutsos like trash. Even I did for the most part. And I don't like Islam but I can get along well with Islamic posters.

So who is the problem? Basically Europe is now EUSSR and all the younger euros seem to be heavily brainwashed weirdos, and even in big cities in the US it's more common. Of course all the craphole areas of the US are where all this takes root - when they can run their own backyard worth a damn I will take their loony opinions into consideration.

All this activism is financed by people like George Soros and other billionaires anyway, it's easy to figure out what it's really about if you have a brain. It's simply to attack the majority and destroy any power base anyone but the billionaires have.

He and his mods have insisted I was you for years as well, even though I had never interacted with you until today and didn't know who you were. I just rolled my eyes every time but I found it obsessive how I had people defaming me for years on end relentlessly. At some point in a thread about posting your voice I posted a clip of myself speaking in native French and called him out to show how wrong he and his cronies had been for years, and he said "I had gotten someone else to speak in my place".

What weirdos. A little of it they used to do was funny but they were just making crap up to be meanspirited and coming up with elaborate lies. One of the former mods who had my email from years back actually emailed me about it and told me that some of the stuff they pretended to be controversial was also a lie they went along with.

I have to wonder what makes people malfunction like that.

What weirdos. A little of it they used to do was funny but they were just making crap up to be meanspirited and coming up with elaborate lies. One of the former mods who had my email from years back actually emailed me about it and told me that some of the stuff they pretended to be controversial was also a lie they went along with.

I have to wonder what makes people malfunction like that.

Seriously? That is journalism 105. Journalism 101 is cover controversy because people get passionate and more involved. More likely to follow whatever it is you are selling. 105 is creating the illusion of controversy for the same effect.

For example...

Lost all my example writeups due to timeout on my phone browser. Don't have the heart to retype them tonight. Aurgh. Mañana!

It's more like yellow journalism. Or rather, like someone said over there, urine-yellow journalism.

Imagine that mods and admins on here like Myrthos, Couchpotato and Corwin started to constantly say to everyone that you, Wisdom, are in fact a colorful poster missing in action since half a decade ago who made dozens of trolling accounts, and inciting all their regulars to believe and do the same, and also to denigrate you for being this person you're not and have not ever interacted with, even though they have more than enough evidence from the start to know it is patently false. Imagine this kind of behavior repeated continuously for years on end, non stop. You're being blamed for so many different ills that they make you into some sort of Internet Chupacabra.

Wouldn't you find this kind of behavior ever so slightly unnerving, or at least extremely lame?

You are correct. I disagree with it completely. I only mean that he called it a malfunction but people deal with similar scenarios in larger settings all the time.

Seriously? That is journalism 105. Journalism 101 is cover controversy because people get passionate and more involved. More likely to follow whatever it is you are selling. 105 is creating the illusion of controversy for the same effect.

For example…

Well it's some hobby site. I assume they are not selling anything, but then the site owner seems to charge people for access now. I mean there are only a couple thousand users max. I know from past experience you can host all that for less than 100 bucks a month. If you can't figure out how you have no business running a site. So maybe he is making his living off it now.

The cheek is that they have the nerve to come here and ask people here why we feel this way about them. Everyone feels that way about the Codex and yeah, I'm sure you'll find one or two ordinary people on there who are decent but how they can stomach remaining on a site that promotes bigotry and personal attacks against game developers is beyond me. So the way I see it, if you're part of the Codex, you're an asshole as you must turn a blind eye to the things they do and say.

There's no hypocrisy with the Watch. This is a forum first and foremost for RPG discussion and occasionally (like now) we talk about other things. The Codex (as you once said ManWhoJaped) might as well be called Gossip Girl at this point because even their threads on games and RPG's eventually descend into mindless trolling, developer bashing and nonsensical bigotry.

Thing is - "welcoming to traditional folks from abrahamic religions" is certainly something true here … I have found that people here in general are inherently accepting so long as the discourse is respectful.

However, once you show that YOU are not welcoming of other opinions, saying "pinko liberals or any other flavour of the atheist swines" … THAT is the problem. No religion is inherently superior … nor is the lack of religion inferior. Political leanings, conservative, moderate or liberal are simply different viewpoints - we have disagreements, have heated debates, but they aren't 'better' or 'worse'.

Religious discussion should have no place on a gaming forum really. It shouldn't be a problem. No one should be able to promote their atheist or religious agenda on a forum for RPG discussion. I know many forums which instantly lock a thread as soon as it delves into religious debate/discussion and for good reason. Religion always inspires heated debate just like politics (another subject banned on some game forums I've used in the past). At least most religious people are polite though.

It's more like yellow journalism. Or rather, like someone said over there, urine-yellow journalism.

Imagine that mods and admins on here like Myrthos, Couchpotato and Corwin started to constantly say to everyone that you, Wisdom, are in fact a colorful poster missing in action since half a decade ago who made dozens of trolling accounts, and inciting all their regulars to believe and do the same, and also to denigrate you for being this person you're not and have not ever interacted with, even though they have more than enough evidence from the start to know it is patently false. Imagine this kind of behavior repeated continuously for years on end, non stop. You're being blamed for so many different ills that they make you into some sort of Internet Chupacabra.

Wouldn't you find this kind of behavior ever so slightly unnerving, or at least extremely lame?

My guess is they do that to make it out like you are a 'troll' so no one should listen to your opinion. It's like in soviet times when anyone who had the wrong politics was labeled as insane.

It is amazing, Grangokhan, how much it is that you don't know what you don't know.

Let me just put it this way: you are being played. Like a fiddle.

It is amazing, Grangokhan, how much it is that you don't know what you don't know.

Let me just put it this way: you are being played. Like a fiddle.

Played by who Crispy? You mean by the idiots on the Codex who are still discussing MinorityReport getting banned? How many pages is it now? 40?

Enlighten me if I'm wrong, or will you continue to persist that your little forum isn't exactly what it's been called out for here gossip girl?

I don't think you realize how very little much this new Codex drama means to anyone or are you just on your period again?

Edit:

Oh, looks like the thread in the OP was deleted. Probably reached over 40 pages though…XD

Don't read into it, Crispy is another moron from the Codex who probably thinks I'm from there and that I'm trolling everyone here. He's dead wrong, at least on the Codex part :)

Am I the only one who thinks Salin is MinorityReport generating drama about himself?

Also Crispy, with all due respect, you are one of the main offenders of this boogeyman stuff. You continuously said that me, FretRider, bryce, and "chefe" were one and the same member using tons of different accounts to wreak havoc, when we are all separate people, no matter what proof I put forth. You had access to IPs as well so there is no excuse.

I mean, if I wanted to post again it would be extremely easy for someone like me to garner many different accounts all under different IPs and use any of them at leisure, so much so as to be completely unstoppable and create a huge, constant headache. And yet since it happened I made zero attempt to post, much less "wreak havoc", and have no intentions to do so because I don't care. I don't care about playing games or pissing anyone of. It's mostly just the principle; I'm just slightly disappointed for reasons of fairness, but I have many things going on in my life so at the end of the day it doesn't have much if any impact. Isn't this the ultimate proof I am not the type of character you've tried to paint me as?

Last edited:
Although IP addresses aren't a completely reliable way of determining if someone is using different accounts, in this case it is quite obvious who Salin is. Especially as his account is linked to people that are not banned at this moment and are posting in this thread.

Amateurs harass forums, professionals harass entire countries.
uj-oroszorszag.jpg

It's true that IP addresses aren't entirely reliable but there can be false positives, for example when separate people use the same proxy servers.

Back
Top Bottom