Might & Magic X - Ask Us Anything on Reddit

My money should be good enough for them....I take it as a huge insult that I must register at their site to use something that I've given them money for. I don't care if it only takes a second to go through the process, it's the principle that disturbs me. I'll play old games a thousand times again before capitulating to such shenanigans.

I already bought it early access and will just play it with uplay. It's really not a big deal to me.

I used to think I was a pretty ridgid gamer but there are some here that dislike pretty much everything, makes me feel like a pretty open minded gamer.

Being openminded has nothing to do with being forced to install malware on my computer. I pay money for a game, if that's not good enough for the publisher, then the publisher is not good enough for my money, period. When it's available legitimately, virus and malware free (probably from GoG as I don't trust Ubisoft on their own), I may buy it.

I have games from practically every genre floating around here, I just like cRPGs and TB Strategy games best.

As to why they use sites like FB and Reddit, I think it's because they can reach a larger audience than just the relatively small group whose actually heard of the game. Let's face it, cRPGs are a niche in a single industry, and a niche in a niche of the larger rpg market. Not everyone who may be interested has even heard of the game, or follows Ubisoft (I generally don't, but I do follow general gaming news). It seems like everyone is on <insert popular social site here>. And no, I'm not one of them.

I'll probably buy it eventually. Then download a pirated version to get away from Uplay.

I have a simple rule; if I have to pirate it to get the best version (see, Simcity, or the CoD which didn't have actual multiplayer but the pirate versions did), it isn't worth pirating or buying. I have too many more deserving games in my backlog, to the point that I've not been buying any in some time, to waste my time on trash.

It's over now, but there are quite a few good questions/answers. These guys seem on the ball insofar as the M&M series is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom