Gothic I-III

Yep. Play Gothic -> Gothic 2 + NotR -> Risen (skip Gothic 3 and expansion).

And DON'T play Gothic 2 without expansion, although it was fun, expansion upgrades original world so much (especially first chapters) that it's really much more better and enjoyable game.

I would suggest at least trying Gothic 3. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but most Gothic fans like it with the community made patches (and I am one of the few, who even like it without them).

Edit: You are right with the expansion, of course - in both cases.

Yep. Play Gothic -> Gothic 2 + NotR -> Risen (skip Gothic 3 and expansion).

I personaly think that mabey they should go back and remake G1 and GII and put them to console for like playstation 2 mabey or if they really wanted to push things they could make it for the dreamcast lol.

I personaly think that mabey they should go back and remake G1 and GII and put them to console for like playstation 2 mabey or if they really wanted to push things they could make it for the dreamcast lol.
Risen,practically a remake of GII,was ported to X360 so there you go ;)

A lot of G3 bashing here... The original, as released, game had some serious problems but with the latest 1.73 patch it's a very good game. I just finished a game using the alternative balance option and I was impressed.

Foresaken Gods is another story altogether, they are not even related IMHO.

A lot of G3 bashing here… The original, as released, game had some serious problems but with the latest 1.73 patch it's a very good game. I just finished a game using the alternative balance option and I was impressed.

Foresaken Gods is another story altogether, they are not even related IMHO.

yea i just started playing on 1.73 lol i like it but its really bright (other than the caves there epicness geting 3 hit koed by orgers then owning them with a hunting bow and poisned dagger funeesss)

Turn down the brightness, or turn off the glow that makes everything shine.

In any case, G1 and 2 are among my favourite games of all time. I still consider them the king and queen of gaming atmosphere. G3 was a decent game that, unfortunately, suffered from being over ambitious. Still, with the latest patch, it is a fun experience.

Turn down the brightness, or turn off the glow that makes everything shine.

In any case, G1 and 2 are among my favourite games of all time. I still consider them the king and queen of gaming atmosphere. G3 was a decent game that, unfortunately, suffered from being over ambitious. Still, with the latest patch, it is a fun experience.
The very first thing I do after installing any game is turning 'bloom effects' off. I don't know why game developers feel like watching everything as if I was in a dream or as if someone just punched me in the eye is ok.

The very first thing I do after installing any game is turning 'bloom effects' off. I don't know why game developers feel like watching everything as if I was in a dream or as if someone just punched me in the eye is ok.

Matter of opinion. I want fantasy RPG feel like I'm in fantasy world and not in reality. I'm having enough reality everyday. :D

drakensang-pc.jpg

I especially liked Drakensang's Bloom Effect, though I know that there are plenty who don't.

When Gothic 3 came out, the Bloom Effect was a big thing and they really wanted to "show off" with the graphics and visual effects, so they over do it a bit, but if you look new games the bloom effect is very subtle.

Matter of opinion. I want fantasy RPG feel like I'm in fantasy world and not in reality. I'm having enough reality everyday. :D

That's the thing. To me, a fantasy world should look normal, unless the world happens to have an atmosphere that blurs everything… but then everything should be blurry. To me, 'fantasy' is not a license to change everything at whim, things still need to make sense. And unless there's a reason why something looks some strange way, it shouldn't (like the stupid bloom effect for example). It's ok for a dream, not ok for a fantasy world.

The bloom was definitely a little overdone in G3. It wasn't a mood killer or anything though, I stopped noticing it after a while.

Oh yes, they have a special place in my heart, well not so much G3. I've played G2 more times than any other game. I still get the urge to play it now and then but I've just played it so much I literally know what's around every corner and what every character is going to say and so on.

I really envy you that you can play them one after the other for the first time.

Did you join the mercs or the guards? I always join the mercs, I just love the outfits.

same played them all and loved them all...
G2 with NOTR was freakin awesome and the first gothic, wow the first game where I felt the world was really alive

playing gothic 3 with a ps2 wired controler and i can say its way better that way my controler is only 16 bucks and its software is like a vary advanced version of xpadder

Back
Top Bottom