Ravenloft: Stone Prophet

Dark Savant

Keeper of the Watch
I am looking for patch version 1.2 for this game made by Dreamforge and published by SSI. The game is also known as Ravenloft 2.

SSI released this v1.2 patch on CompuServe years ago, but never on the internet and I can`t find it anywhere. If anyone got it, plese let me know.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/ravenloft-stone-prophet

I didn't know there was a 1.2 patch. The 1.1 patch is all that I was aware of and that comes with the CD-rom version I have.

I didn't come across any major bugs in the 1.1 version, is there a bug in particular you are coming across?

Haven`t played the game for many years. I finished floppy version back in mid nineties but now I found a used copy of CD version at the local game shop and would like to play most up-to-date version of the game
I found about 1.2 patch on patches-scrolls forum - http://www.iphpbb.com/board/ftopic-17048899nx82467-25.html

@bjon045 - you played the game via DOS box or just in plain windows XP? How is the compatibility with XP?

Dreamforge had a string of excellent CRPG's back then. If you haven't played Anvil of Dawn, find a copy. To your question, I would have no clue on how to get those games to run on modern PC's but my guess is if you play around with DOSbox you wouldn't have a problem. I thought both Ravenloft games were excellent (automapping was the best I've ever seen) but again check out Anvil of Dawn.

Thanks, but I already own Anvil of Dawn and many other great Dreamforge games like Menzoberranzan, Strahd's Possession, Sanitarium, Chronomaster...

Do you remember that dwarf song form Anvil of Dawn? Great stuff...

Wow, I forgot about Sanitarium. More of an adventure game, but genuinely creepy. Good stuff. Oh and if were talking old games, another one that really didn't get the credit it deserved was one called Thunderscape; that one was a little more archaic in its programming, but was pretty good.

I found about 1.2 patch on patches-scrolls forum - http://www.iphpbb.com/board/ftopic-17048899nx82467-25.html

@bjon045 - you played the game via DOS box or just in plain windows XP? How is the compatibility with XP?

I think that guy could have made a mistake or possibly got confused with the fact that the original Ravenloft game had a 1.2 patch.

I played it in windows 98 a few years ago. If you haven't played it yet I have a couple of basic tips: Make sure you pick up everything and make sure you explore each map fully (there are a huge number of hidden rooms - sometimes with quest required items), truesight is an essential spell until you get a certain helm later in the game.

Thanks, maybe you are right. But patches-scrolls are "the site" about patches and they know their business.
I already finished floppy version back in mid nineties. Do you know about any differences between floppy and CD version (apart few additional animations and better music quality)? Does CD version includes full speech for all characters?

You know, I have this game, in a set along with the other Ravenloft, two Darksun games, that other DnD-based game, and IIRC Dungeon Hack (or maybe Menzoberranzan) but I never have installed it. Maybe I should (if for no other reason than to back it up).

Yeah, that's it. Age gets me most of the time, and when I can't accuse that, I blame head injuries. It came with Shattered Lands, Menzoberranzan, Strahd's Possession, Genie's Curse, Wake of the Ravager, and Stone Prophet. I also have Shattered Lands by itself, and Unlimited adventures. Of all those games, I've only played Shattered Lands. I inherited the set from my uncle when he died.

Heck, the number of old games that I know should work (if the discs are still good anyways) I have and never installed, let alone played... crap I could fill up a hard drive.

Genies Curse and Ravager were fun games. I still have the old disks, but not the drive to play them from!!

Ravenloft Patches

I have both ravenloft original cd games. I am currently playing them on my windows xp mce box using dosbox v.72 and they play great and I was able to install the patches I have for the games. There is a patch for each game and they are both v1.1 patches. If there is a v1.2 I never knew about it. I have hundreds of cd's with hundred of patches for every game you can think of.... Hope this helps.

I really liked sthrad's possession. Would you say that stone prophet is better?
If so, I must start playing this game soon.

Back
Top Bottom