Fallout: New Vegas - Review Flood #1

It may have broken the Canon, but not to a point that it really bothered me. Plus, who can not love a game where you can hang out with Michael Dorn? :D

It may have broken the Canon, but not to a point that it really bothered me. Plus, who can not love a game where you can hang out with Michael Dorn? :D

Go over and say that on NMA. Wear your asbestos undies.

Neanderthal Moron Asylum? No Mental Activity? Not Morally Acceptable? :D

Neanderthal Moron Asylum? No Mental Activity?

Indeed. I once made a post there about the advantages of 3D over 2D (mainly to see how those, um.. "things".. would react to the post). Like i expected they got really pissed, the whole forum attacked my post. When they couldnt come up with any counter arguments they just started calling me names instead of keeping to the topic (i just kept my calm, which i guess pissed them off). The next day i tried to log on i was banned :) Of all forums i've been on NMA is one of the sadest. NMA and TTLG, same kind of hating morons, mostly americans in their middle/upper 30's but acting like 12-13..

Yes, bemushroomed, trolling trolls often triggers trolls trolling back. Troll it up, it's a troll party!

What magical bugs should I be expecting? Endless crashing like FO3?

Indeed. I once made a post there about the advantages of 3D over 2D (mainly to see how those, um.. "things".. would react to the post). Like i expected they got really pissed, the whole forum attacked my post. When they couldnt come up with any counter arguments they just started calling me names instead of keeping to the topic (i just kept my calm, which i guess pissed them off). The next day i tried to log on i was banned :) Of all forums i've been on NMA is one of the sadest. NMA and TTLG, same kind of hating morons, mostly americans in their middle/upper 30's but acting like 12-13..

When Fallout 3 was not yet released I got involved in a "discussion" (i.e., whinefest) there. Someone had posted a long list of everything that was going to be totally wrong with Fallout 3. I noted that about half of what he had posted was also "wrong" with Fallout 1/2 and got the same treatment as you. Haven't bothered to check back since.

Yes, bemushroomed, trolling trolls often triggers trolls trolling back. Troll it up, it's a troll party!

Wasn't trolling, it was a serious post, i wanted to know why they hated 3D so much and if they really could argue for their idiocy, and they couldnt. Trolling would be saying something you don't really stand for, or staight out lying, just to get a reaction. I didnt do any name calling or other trolling atempts to get them mad, just spoke my opinion..

BillSeurer: yes that also sounds familiar, they're funny.. in a sad way ;)

Last edited:
what are these bugs I keep hearing about? Do they affect the PC version? I'll be getting my copy in the next few days and was just curious…

A lot of the normal stuff with a modern new release. I had one BSD that rebooted the computer but nothing since. Fun game so far.

Speaking of NMA, they´ve just posted a very positive "pre-review" written by editor at Canard PC. As the post says, "a very interesting read, especially given the mag's not enthusiastic attitude towards Fallout 3":
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56505

Anyway, I´m definitely buying this, after seeing some vids, reading post here and there etc, I´m quite confident this game is great after all.

I don't remember Michael Dorn in FO2, although I haven't played it in nearly 10 years. Which character did he voice?

Dated graphics? Sheesh. Atmosphere was such a key feature in that game. Hell I loved it and can't wait to play this.

Atomic Gamer thinks this is Obsidian's best yet
The pros include 'epic story with excellent writing and acting'.

That's pretty much it,I'm sold.

This just got on my "to-buy" list and I'll probably play it around 2012.

Obsidian's inability to produce a highly polished game will make the difference in their metascores.A few years down the road Bethesda's games will be perceived as better by most gamers.

I'm not sure about the story thing yet. The GameStar review said the story is more or less non-existent.

I'm enjoying the beginning area pretty well. I've already been betrayed once by someone I was trying to help and I think they've improved the animations some. I enjoy watching the gals walk :D

He is alone on that. I've read most of these reviews and many of them praise the story, even saying they can't say too much because of all the twists and turns.

+1

I read through a ton of these and if one thing was consistant it was the story and NPCs. It's not just the big name websites saying this. It's just about everyone even the websites who aren't trying to butter up to Bethesda.

I'm sold on this and can't wait for it to get to Taiwan.

Edit: Sorry JDR, forgot to tell you that Michael Dorn was the Super-mutant from Broken Hills. When I first heard his voice I knew it sounded familiar, but then it dawned on me, "HEY!!! IT'S WARF!!" You know I had to have him in the party after that :D

Last edited:
Michael Dorn was Marcus the super-mutant from broken hills. Most of the reviews seem to be in line with what I expect. Flawed gem that a few patches should be able to correct technical flaws.

And regarding 2d vs 3d, my issue was I love turnbased tactical combat engines like fallout and jagged alliance. Fallout 3 went FPS (which I only really like if I can play as a sneaker) so I can sympathize the the grognards at NMA.

Anyway, I've just started playing through it. Only thing I'm annoyed with at the moment is the huge ass font which I partially modded out and the invisible wall blocking you from going to what is probably vegas immediately. Basically they send unavoidable packs of deathclaws or similar after you if you try to head overland while NPCs are strongly hinting to go the other way. At least they are doing it in-character and not via an unpickable doors or literal invisible walls.

Wasn't trolling, it was a serious post, i wanted to know why they hated 3D so much and if they really could argue for their idiocy, and they couldnt. Trolling would be saying something you don't really stand for, or staight out lying, just to get a reaction. I didnt do any name calling or other trolling atempts to get them mad, just spoke my opinion..
I don't think he said you were trolling, but was describing what it's like on NMA.

Back
Top Bottom