So In the US Catholics Charities are forced to end foster care on "moral" grounds

Final test of my course tomorrow morning. Gotta get up 5am and I will probably won't get back until 3am 22 hours later. Gotta use the final hours to study. I just wanted to correct one thing.

Hector Avalos book "The Fighting Words: Origins of Religious Violence" (which became obligatory reading at some universities), declare the following to be fictional resources created by the religion/ideology;

1. Inscriputarion
2. Sacred Space (not Holy Land which I understand was mistaken to mean Israel);
3. Group Privileging
4. Salvation

The book explains the modern theory of violence (scarce resource theory) and then go on explaining how Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Nazism and Stalinism create these four fictional resources and list examples on how violence resulted from doing so.

It's a fairly extensive book, but it's a recommended read if someone is interested on a more scientific and thorough theory on how ideologies based on fictional ideas can become dangerous by rubbing humanity the wrong way.

I have not much to say in this thread, except for this:

The Bibel has been edited many, many times. The verses and the chapters were not added (formed) untill (very) late,some time in the 8th or 9th century maybe. Thus we get these inconsitencies in the tales of Joshua, his aramaic name, not his greek name, which is Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom