ZP vs. Oblivion

Lord_Craxton

Watcher
Taking advantage of the summer lull in releases, Zero Punctuation has been reviewing some older games, including Oblivion.

He has some praise for the interface and other aspects, but mainly talks about the game's poor immersion. Best line:

Then the Emperor shows up, played by Captain Picard, and I have to say I liked him a lot. He was the only character who actually seemed to know they were in a fantasy RPG. He took one look at me, noticed the camera floating behind my head, and said "Oh, bugger, you're the protagonist! I guess I have to die now." And die he did.

I genuinely disliked Oblivion exactly because of this, it's nice that he still takes up legitimate criticism of games rather than just throwing arbitrary shit at them for teh lulz, which is something I've feared would happen with ZP.

I'd have to say Zero Punctuation should do something besides reviews. That was the dumbest line I've ever read, and I see no relevance to the game at all.

Jesus Graymane, where's your sense of humor? ZP's views on games are quite different for those of people who actually like RPGs and his reviews aren't the most informative, but they sure are funny.

Back
Top Bottom