lockup

If it started happening on multiple games at about the same time then its got to be a driver issue or perhaps a Windows Update that the games do not like. If its a recent problem, do some rollbacks and see if any of them solve the issue.

thanks for all the replys..I don't think the problem is overheating,my gpu is 56c and my cpu is 47c….

Are those idle or load temps? there will be a big difference.

If it's happening in multiple game I'd do a fresh install as suggested by Joxer. It will probably be much faster than trying to figure out the specific problem if it's software and then you'll have a fresh windows install If it's still happening then look into possible hardware problem/overheating/psu etc.

I'm assuming you have latest drivers, directx and updates. You could also disable your onboard sound in the bios or in system manger and run the game to rule that out.

Also could try re-installing all directx, I usually install aug 2008, jun 2010 and the latest dxwebsetup. It has solved issues for me in the past, especially with older games. If you don't need it, it will just say a newer version is already installed no harm done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom