Pricewatch!

Oh, less than $3 for the Fall, I might buy it at that price.

There is a Focus Interactive sale on Steam. The whole pack is 80% off, include 20 games for $40 (in Canadian $$).

The games with RPG elements (that I know off) on sales are:
Mars: War Logs
Bound by Flames
Game of Throne
Of Orcs and Men
Faery Legend of Avalon
Styx: Master of Shadows

I thought about getting The Fall at that price, but in the end, I really don't think it's worth playing at all. It's an incomplete game that apparently won't be continued.

Looks like you've been reading the same Steam post as me. It ends with a "to be continued" but the poor sale numbers pretty guarantee there won't be any. Saying that, The Fall is a sequel to the novel Icarus Effect, so the story might be followed upon somewhere else.

In fact, Alex Vega is said to be an important character in Mankind Divided and she is last seen with the main character in The Fall. I think I'm going to buy it just for that...oh and Anna, because Anna is awesome in Icarus Effect.

They also have the RPGs by Spiders Studios that contains:
Bound by Flames
Of Orcs and Men
Faery Legend of Avalon
for $12.49 'Merican

There is a Focus Interactive sale on Steam. The whole pack is 80% off, include 20 games for $40 (in Canadian $$).

Bound by Flames
Game of Throne
Of Orcs and Men
Faery Legend of Avalon

Bound by Flames
Game of Throne
Of Orcs and Men
Faery Legend of Avalon

Mkay. I'll pick up "Mars: War Logs" since I know a few here enjoyed it. How about "Of Orcs and Men" or "Styx"? Those any good? The setting seems interesting at least.

Mkay. I'll pick up "Mars: War Logs" since I know a few here enjoyed it. How about "Of Orcs and Men" or "Styx"? Those any good? The setting seems interesting at least.

Of Orcs and Men is interesting. It's really quite terrible, having overly linear level design (that feels linear), overly "edgy" writing, poorly balanced combat and so on. Still, it's a rather fascinating game, and I really enjoyed it (after about an hour or so of playing it, it does not leave a good first impression).
I've also played Mars: War Logs, and I did not enjoy it nearly as much.

I'm not a big fan of that developer, but I thought War Logs was pretty good. It's somewhat short and low-budget (like all their games), but the setting and lore are unique, and I found it quite interesting overall.

It felt like a Piranha Bytes game but on a smaller scale.

Wingamestore.com is running a Labor's day sale (plus use code pcgames5off for extra 5% discount). Particularly of note:
- Crusader Kings 2: Game and expansions at 75% discount.
- Europa Universalis 4: Game and expansions at 75% discount.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 & 2: 60% discount (11.99 each).
- Settlers 7 and DLCs: 75% discount.

GOG has some really good deals right now.

The Witcher for $1.49
The Witcher 2 for $2.99
Risen for $1.99
Risen 2 Gold for $5.99

Jagged Alliance, Disciples, Sacred, and other series are also on sale.

Wingamestore.com is running a Labor's day sale (plus use code pcgames5off for extra 5% discount). Particularly of note:
- Crusader Kings 2: Game and expansions at 75% discount.
Thanks! That's the best deal for the Horse Lords expansion (and I think Way of Life) to date! And it's nice to pay US prices for once.

Thanks! That's the best deal for the Horse Lords expansion (and I think Way of Life) to date! And it's nice to pay US prices for once.

I know! I got the Horse Lords expansion and the cosmetic pack (extra music + Mongol faces + other stuff) both for less than $5 total :)

Does anyone here have a spare Wingamestore's referral key to send me (via PM) ?

Faery: Legends of Avalon is actually a great little game. Turn-based combat, beautiful and intriguing world and lore to delve into, neat little story, great locations and fun flying around gameplay. The only downside is the character development, which is a bit limited, and the upgrades to gear you get in the game are not that exciting at all. Other than that, it's a winner and well worth the asking price. :)

Back
Top Bottom