Creepy & eerie (adventure) games anyone?

You mean in a "I am the Great Cornholio! I come from Lake Titicaca! M-heh heh, yeah, Titicaca! Titty-kaka!" -kind of voice? :lol:
That's the way it should be read, yes :biggrin:.

Well I finished Penumbra:Black Plague. Not bad, but I didn't think it was as good as the first one. It also seemed even shorter than the first one, which was pretty short itself. Not bad if you're really craving for that type of game, but don't try to play it without finishing Penumbra:Overture first, or you'll have no clue what's going on.

I found another one you might like, Zakhary. and I think it wasn't mentioned here yet: The White Chamber. HiddenX recommended it in another thread. It's an inventory-based 2D point-and-click adventure, it's about a year old, an indie game, and it's free.
Graphics (anime-style) and atmosphere (Silent Hill in space, minus the action parts) are pretty solid, the story and setting (Event Horizon, anyone?) are nothing new, but I really, really liked the overall experience. While The White Chamber is somewhat shortish, it has multiple endings - and the replayability even makes sense in the context of the game. Besides, some of the content is rather sick. Wasn't that what you were looking for :)?

Last edited:
i played the demo for the white chamber a couple of years ago...was pretty enjoyable. my vote for creepy adventure games that haven't been mentioned are project eden which is a pretty nice split of action and adventure, while there is a bunch of combat there is no way you can die or run out of ammo, plus the four characters are fairly unique and the premice and setting can be pretty creepy at time. one of the few games that caputres the dysotopian feel for me. also martian gothic is good fun too, as its one of the few action adventure games that takes place in a space setting. while similar to a resident evil setup, it is more eerie than tense as in the resident evils, and while less streamlined, and maybe less rewarding combat, it makes up for it by being a much better 'adventure' game.

hey Gorath, i thought the longest journey started the adventure game revival?

hey Gorath, i thought the longest journey started the adventure game revival?
The Longest Journey (1999) was one of the last significant adventures of the generation before Runaway (2002). Runaway was the game which spawned countless imitators because it proved that there is a market for adventures if you get the budget under control. It certainly had a bigger impact on the European market than on the US market though.

Back
Top Bottom