Witcher 3 TW3 Review thread

The Witcher 3
Yeah, mostly the kind of people who have a rig powerful enough to have everything on Super-Ultra with full Super Shadows and infinite draw distance settings. :D

It would be nice to have some games that really push what a PC can do. SHame that everything is limited by consoles. Best for me is games that can be turned down to suit everyone, but can be turned up so almost unplayable with current hardware, like first Far Cry.

Sorry, but it's not all limited by consoles. It's also limited by the fact that not everybody and in fact probably a small percentage of PC gamers has a video card that is less than 1 or even 2 years old and also high end as in 400-600 euro when bought new.

It's also limited by the diversity of the PC landscape and unoptimal drivers and direct hardware access. The current consoles are more powerful than my current PC which cost me an arm and a leg 5 years ago. :D

It's also limited by the diversity of the PC landscape and unoptimal drivers and direct hardware access.

Limited by diversity makes no sense.

Consoles are clearly the target platform for AAA games and have been for years. The bar has been raised a bit by the new ones, but not that much. PC market has always been mixed capabilities, and PC games were always pitched to reasonably new and capable hardware, since the beginning. If consoles weren't dominating, the target level would be higher.

2504401-6535952199-ip9VU.gif

cWf3DID.png

:lol:

If I see this travesty on PC, I'll definetly turn on the rage mode:
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=15

I mean look at that. The hair there looks worse than in TW2.
Rags are still okay (different time of day, different light plus considering it's a console) but wtf is that on their head on the new pic? Cheap ebay wigs?

That looks terrible. I mean, it's not even close to the previous visuals.

:petting:

I do think that people put where too much important into graphix though.

I don't think so, especially on this site where we all play old games as well.

Yes, I want high end graphics in games but I want everything else as well. I'm not demanding, I just want it all.:lol:

Besides, CDPR has been hyping the graphics from day 1 so it's no surprise people expect them to deliver.

I can be a graphics whore but I also play wizardry 1 with wire frame graphics. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

i'd wish :(; our only hope is modders to put out those fantastic graphics, like they did with watch dogs. After a few months, there were already mods that restored watch dogs to the "breathtaking 2012 reveal" stage.

edit its sad to see that no action is taken against these things, watch dogs, dark souls and now this…but probably if others will continue with this practice eventually there will be lawsuits for false advertising and such

Personally, I'll just wait till a Christmas sale. Not only am I paying less for a console port, but perhaps by then there'll be, at minimum, a patch for textures and ENB support.

Although I'm not really shocked over this (it's been the modus operandi of the industry for the past decade), I certainly won't fork over top dollar to lick up the sloppy seconds of something that caters to the lowest common denominator.

Personally, I'll just wait till a Christmas sale. Not only am I paying less for a console port, but perhaps by then there'll be, at minimum, a patch for textures and ENB support.

Its a shame but I have cancelled my pre-order. There is no reason for me to pay full price when I will wait anyway to see if the game can be improved.

Maybe wait until you've seen the PC version? Nothing is certain yet.

Maybe wait until you've seen the PC version? Nothing is certain yet.

Maybe PC version will be much superior, though they have stated there is little difference between versions.

Point is, preorder is a vote of confidence, and I've lost confidence. If I'm wrong, just order again. If I'm right, wait for enhancements, modders and sales.

see what about the pc version? there are tons of videos from the pc and it looks almost the same as consoles, nowhere near those videos from 2013-2014

oh and a nice reading http://whatifgaming.com/developer-i...-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

That interview has no confirmed source. I could have written that, based on previous PR material.

As for the videos, there's been no details about settings - other than claims of "Ultra settings" - and it's bad PR to suggest that the PC version is way superior to console versions, even if that's almost always the case. It's the industry norm to claim that console and PC versions look "the same" - but we all know that's usually PR bullshit, catering to the wide audience.

So, I'll wait until the final build is released - and developers have recently confirmed they're still improving the PC version.

developers have recently confirmed they're still improving the PC version.

yeah and who still believes them now :lol: , i mean they didnt even optimised the game for m+k before making it gold :lol:

you dont need a source of that article, everything thats is said there can be backed up by watching all videos from pc version

Its a shame but I have cancelled my pre-order. There is no reason for me to pay full price when I will wait anyway to see if the game can be improved.

I may do the same, I won't be able to play at release anyway and only preordered to support CDPR but I'm not sure I care about doing that at this point.

I've never tried to cancel a preorder on steam before though. Is it possible?

if you bought it yourself from the store , go here https://store.steampowered.com/account/ , you have refund there next to witcher 3 (this only can be done until game is released)

edit every thread on their official forums about downgrade, instadeleted and bans everywhere hahahah

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen instaclosed ones because the level of trolling got out of hand.
Not surprised if they're now deleting and banning, they should have left one open IMO because the steam can't get out otherwise.

The worst part of it - noone actually saw the PC version. Yet every single one of bashers is posting like they did.
Scratch that, the worst part of it is me being away the next week so I won't be able to troll them if PC visuals suck, nor will be able to say "toldya so" if PC visuals are significantly better than on consoles. :(

Back
Top Bottom