Quotes you don't need to know

E

Eye

Sleep as a hobby
Swen Vincke – ‏@LarAtLarian
I can't remember sleeping so much - it feels so great! Thinking of taking it up as a hobby :)

Orcan3 ‏@GrumpyB__r
@LarAtLarian Sometimeals im thinking about that too. But then i remember i have to play Games and watch Streams, even tho i have to work.

Pearls by Ubisoft, probably deliberate to make a collection book (each paid separately through a microtransaction).

The truth and nothing but the truth by Yves Guillemont, Ubisoft CEO:
http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-gaming-has-around-a-93-95-per-cent-piracy-rate-claims-ubisoft-ceo/
PC gaming has around a 93-95% piracy rate.

Nicolas Guérin, Ubisoft's Level Design Director, on why not 60 FPS:
http://www.techradar.com/news/gamin...-industry-is-dropping-60-fps-standard-1268241
twice as hard as 30fps, and its not really that great in terms of rendering quality of the picture and the image.

Alex Amancio, Ubisoft's Creative Director on the same question in the same article:
30 was our goal, it feels more cinematic.

Last edited:
A few from EA? Sure. :evilgrin:

Former EA CEO John Riccitiello, on incoming utopia with alwaysonline DRM and everyone learning to love it:
http://www.pcgamer.com/former-ceo-of-electronic-arts-gamers-will-learn-to-love-always-online-gaming/

Gamers will want, and learn to love, the good parts of consoles being more connected to our digital lives than was possible with the machines launched eight years ago. Some gamers fear the new consoles could be more about a DRM-walled garden than about enabling new types of connected gameplay. More about squashing second-sale (used games) than allowing us to play the games we own at our friends houses, in dorms or at home, without having to bring the disk with us. I don't believe consoles managed as walled-gardens will succeed longer term.

Peter Moore, EA (dunno exactly which department) executive on obvious cutout content sold as DLC:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141980-EA-Exec-On-Disc-DLC-Complaints-Are-Nonsense
A lot of that resistance comes from the erroneous belief that somehow companies will ship a game incomplete, and then try to sell you stuff they have already made and held back

Frank Gibeau, former EA's head of mobile, on the worst game of that year if not the worst game ever:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136011-EA-Dungeon-Keeper-Failed-by-Innovating-Too-Much
Dungeon Keeper (phonegame) suffered from a few things. I think we might have innovated too much or tried some different things that people just weren't ready for…

Last edited:
Busy busy Ed Greenwood.
("Creator of the Forgotten Realms® and a myriad of other worlds, universes, and shared settings. Avid tea-drinker and swashbuckler.")

Ed Greenwood – ‏@TheEdVerse
Designing an RPG adventure with one hand, a top-secret "other sort of game" with the other, and doing story direction with my toes. Wheeee!

Barantor – ‏@Barantor
@TheEdVerse Do I want to know how you are typing this tweet? 0-0

Collecting potions

Smosh Games @ SmoshGames
Happens in every RPG too.

CQU8gduUYAAnGfb.jpg

Nothing to do with RPGs but with quotes and Twitter.

There is a chicken tweeting.

Chicken Treat – ‏@ChickenTreat

UMN Y0Y,YKI BGV6JJ2 #chickentweet

An Australian fast-food chain has given a chicken a keyboard to tweet a five letter word in English. There is a video of Betty at a site called Mashable.
The aim of this exercise? Why, to crown Queen Betty as the first ever chicken to tweet in English in the book of Guinness World Records, of course. Chicken Treat is keeping those of us who want to see this avian feat accomplished updated with videos, and is even Periscoping Betty's progress.

I don't know exactly where to place this, so I thought 'Let's go off topic in this thread I started', for it isn't exactly a quote but a poll.

Larian started a little poll on Twitter:

Larian Studios @larianstudios
Hey Source Hunters - how do you like to run your game:
I like it classic
Tactician FTW!

Result, till this very minute:
I like it classic 57%
Tactician FTW! 43%

Remaining time to vote: 23 hours.

On twitter Bob Ross, Game Dev has 14K followers since he started 4 days ago. Why?
Here are some of his tweets:

@BobRossGameDev:
Hi. I'm Bob Ross. I'll be your host as we experience the Joy of Game Development. Within each of us is a developer. You too can make a game.

@BobRossGameDev:
You need very little equipment to make a game. Just a computer. We start with a vision in our heart, and we put it into code. Let's do it.

@BobRossGameDev:
Don't worry about which engine to use. The time you spend worrying, you could have made a game already. It's about what's in your heart.

@BobRossGameDev:
Let's start with an empty scene, and let's add a happy little player controller. Let's use a mesh for the world. There we go.

@BobRossGameDev:
A bug is just a feature that you haven’t yet befriended.

@BobRossGameDev:
It doesn’t matter whether little curly brackets live on the same lines or on new lines. It’s your code, you decide. Just be consistent. :)

@BobRossGameDev:
If a script that was fine before now stops working, that's just it's way of letting you know it misses you and wants to hang out again.

CD Projekt RED's community manager has tweeted about a meeting he had with the development team

Marcin Momot @Marcin360
In a meeting looking at all these new features/changes coming to @witchergame with expansion pack. One word - AWESOME!

And:

Kim in Cheol @GeraltKim
@Marcin360 @witchergame When can you share the info with us? :)

Marcin Momot @Marcin360
@GeraltKim @witchergame Not yet. But I can tell you that we're implementing a bunch of things based on community's feedback. :)

Back
Top Bottom