Daggerdale - Gone Gold

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale has gone Gold and will be available from the 25th on PC and X360 (31st for PS3):
Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale is set to invade...
Fantasy role-playing game, Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale has gone gold. Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale is set to invade Xbox Live® Arcade and retail stores for PC May 25, 2011. PSN is set for a release date of May, 31st, 2011.
Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale centers on the desperate struggle to defeat the evil Rezlus and his Zhentarim in their attempt to invade and conquer the Dalelands. Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale is an engaging multi-player experience that introduces a riveting narrative and treacherous new characters. Players are charged with the task of restoring order to Nentir Vale by unlocking the secrets of the Mines of Tethyamar, defeating the evil within the treacherous Tower of the Void, leading to the final confrontation with Rezlus himself.
Action-packed RPG gameplay allows for solo and co-op play for up to four players. Gamers use intuitive pick-up-and-play combat combined with a wide assortment of weapons, feats and powers to defeat a wide range of deadly enemies. Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale boasts an array of stunning levels and exploration opportunities set in the richly detailed environments.
More information.

here is a link to 30 min of game play:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-…rdale/17-4090/

looks like a poor mans Dungeon Siege III…

I'll pass on this and save my money for Dungeon Siege. I still would like to see Atari make a hard core D&D title. A modern version of Baldurs Gate or Icewind Dale would be nice!

Last edited:
Honestly if Dungeon Siege is only going to have loot for the host player in multiplayer, I am not sure which game is the poor mans anything. I like a game that I can play with my kids and at 1/3 of the price I can buy a couple of copies.
Its not hardcore but it looks fun and in the mold of Champions or Dark Alliance which we never got on the PC and that isn't a bad thing. Kinda like Darkstone which was a poor mans Diablo but still a blast. You know you're going to get story-lite.

Sometimes I feel like playing Left for Dead. Other times its Plants for Zombies depending on my mood. Or Magica which is along these same lines.

Yes, this looks acceptable for a fun dungeon crawl. Only 15, plus you can get the boxed version . PC gamers are lucky to be able to obtain this, Im in .

I don't know how anyone could watch 30 mins of those guys. very annoying only got through 10 min of barrel smashing. Those guys are terrible.

Anyway already pre ordered 3 copies for pc. For me and my sons. No idea if it will be good but its d&d and I can play with just my kids. If we get to fight a beholder it will be worth it.:)

If I remember clearly, they had a beholder in Dark Alliance before you even hit level 6 - it was a disgrace! The thing should have annihilated my brother and I in a gaze or two.

Still, those multiplayer experiences though ultimately hollow, were good fun times. I ended purchasing both Dark Alliance games dirt cheap. Maybe this Daggerdale will mirror that type of experience, who knows? Whilst I won't be buying it immediately, I'll read the reviews here at the Watch with some mild curiousity.

I'm looking for filler before DS 3 & Diablo 3 come out. This won't compare more than likely, but I'm intrigued and for $15 you could probably do worse. I'll be getting it. It's interesting how the game has "Gone Gold" yet by the sounds of the OP one can buy the PC version in the stores the day after. That is, unless you buy some code at a store then download from the website.

Yeah, I think it's an example of JIT applied to computer products. When digitally released you can set a release window for marketing and then just hit go when it's done.

I saw a couple of listings on US ebay for retail version. Any info about European or UK retail release? Would buy the game but I prefer boxed version.

Since I am desperately looking for something to fill in until D3 comes out, I am looking toward Daggerdale. But it does not seem to be downloadable from Atari's site yet today. Then again, it's early.

Back
Top Bottom