The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Angelite & Huun-Huur-Tu - Fly, Fly My Sadness (1996)

Tuvan throat singers + bulgarian women´s choir = layered, contrasted, ethereal vocal beauty on this album. A truly unique blend.

Fly,Fly My Sadness
Legend

Angelite & Huun-Huur-Tu - Fly, Fly My Sadness (1996)Tuvan throat singers + bulgarian women´s choir = layered, contrasted, ethereal vocal beauty on this album. A truly unique blend.
I'm fond of them both, and the two of them is a delight, definitely. I thought I had the album, but can't find it anywhere ATM…

Just listening to Corporate Cannibal by Grace Jones.
Always lovely to hear GJ, thanks, I didn't know this one.

I've been in a summery mood lately so the last couple of weeks I've been listening to:
Caro Emerald - That Man
Caro Emerald - A Night Like This
Caro Emerald - Stuck

I never could get into Luna. Not sure why.

How about this one. There's a remix by Ulrich Schnauss that's actually better (IMO, of course), but I hadn't noticed a full-length of this tune until today. Enjoy.

"My Cabal" by School of Seven Bells

Double Rainbow, it's a double rainbow all the way, yeah, oh my god, what does this mean, it's so bright.

It made me wish to play the many game Robot Unicorn Attack again.

Last edited:
Iron Maiden released their 15th studio album: The Final Frontier today, and I'm listening to it now. I like it. Some has said that it's closer to Progressive Metal than especially their earlier work. I agree with that - for instance 5 of the album's 10 songs are more than 8 minutes long, and more complex than "the typical" Iron Maidxen song. In my ears that can only be a good thing. No surprise they toured with Dream Theater this spring.

Here's the first single from the album: El Dorado

A little bit of shoegaze, a little bit of Brit pop, and a whole lotta wonderful!

"Sorry Again" by Velocity Girl

Saw Scott Pilgrim last night and absolutely loved it. This tune caught my ear big time:

"Black Sheep" by Metric

Was looking for a blast from the past and found this majorly obscure selection. What a goofy video, but a fun 80's tune:

"Strange but True" by Times Two

Good stuff, HiddenX. I've been edging into darkwave territory occasionally these days. Don't really know what's out there, particularly since I prefer stuff with some sense of melody. I'm coming at the genre from ethereal goth, so I'm still looking for some of the melodic trappings of ethereal.

In fact, my tune for the day is ethereal goth. It's been quite a while since I put this duo up, and I'm not sure I ever posted this particular song of theirs. Erin has such a beautiful voice. Enjoy.

"Deserted and Desolate" by Autumn's Grey Solace

Yesterday I was

- listening to a tiny, 4-5-song OMD gig
- bought their new CD
- got it signed
- listened to it at home ;)

Back
Top Bottom